Senior SOX Compliance Analyst United States
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
We are looking to add a Senior SOX Compliance Analyst to our Accounting team here at GitLab!
The Internal Audit - SOX will have a key role in assessing the company’s compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfil your role.
Senior SOX Compliance Analyst
The Senior SOX Compliance Analyst is responsible for preparing and implementing a risk-based audit plan to assess, report on, and make suggestions for improving the company’s key operational and finance activities and internal controls. Additionally, the position is responsible for identifying and assisting in documenting existing internal finance and disclosure controls, implementing and documenting new internal controls, and establishing an internal monitoring function to audit the company’s compliance with such internal controls. The position will have a key role in assessing the company’s compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. The position will be further called on to identify and implement finance department process improvements. The Senior SOX Compliance Analyst reports to the Senior Internal Audit Manager.
- Lead end to end walkthroughs to identify risks, control gaps, and improvement opportunities
- Design, execute and complete testing of the design and operating effectiveness of SOX business process and IT controls, including entity and process level controls, IT general and application controls and SOCreviews
- Improve SOX documentation and work papers (i.e. work with process owners to refine risk control matrix, improve process flows, refine / develop test procedures, propose control language and associated risks etc.)
- Assist in evaluation of new processes, policies and systems to determine relevance to and impact on the SOX program, including assessing design of controls based on identified risks
- Evaluate audit findings and coordinate remediation of deficiencies
- Manage and/or contribute to special projects both on-going and recurring (e.g., scaling controls, segregation of duties, implementation support/advisory), as needed, in an effective and efficient manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities with customer service orientation
- Self-starter and flexible team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing processes and procedures
- Strong project management abilities
- Must have advanced SOX compliance experience and be knowledgeable with the following financial cycles: Record to Report, Order to Cash, Hire to Retire, Procure to Pay
- Comprehension of internal auditing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO and risk-assessment practices.
- Must be able to work during US and Canada timezones with the overlap of at least 4 hours
- Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance required
- Technical auditing skills and corporate-level audit experience required
- 5+ years of experience in SOX/internal audit preferred, of which at least 3 years of SOX experience required
- Chartered Accountant/CPA/CIA/CISA certification preferred
- Ability to use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/5372340002