Senior Solutions Engineer- ANZ Remote - Australia
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Solutions Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Twilio Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the sales team that is facilitating this communication renaissance.
The Twilio Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. The Solutions Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions.
The Twilio Solutions Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
This position reports to the Head of Sales Engineering Asia & Japan and will be based in our Singapore office.
Twilio Senior Solution Engineers get to live our values every day.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build and present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do and assist customers with Pilot and Proof-of-Concept implementations
- BE HUMBLE: Quickly learn new products and new technologies
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Build trusted advisor relationships with customers and work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize and plan for deal success. Educate and mentor customers and colleagues
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for a Solutions Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- 4+ years in a customer/client facing technical role with some pre-sales experience preferred
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to build a deep understanding of an customer’s communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Previous experience in Telecom, SIP, Contact Center or Security is a plus.
- Previously built apps based on Twilio APIs you can show us or talk about, a big plus!
This position will be based out of our Sydney office or if you are in Melbourne or Brisbane you can work remotely from there.
This is a customer facing role and therefore some travel (potentially interstate) is to be expected, as well as the option to work flexibly from home. You will enjoy our incredible perks: snacks, team lunches and community events.In addition to a once-off bonus to help you get your home office setup there are generous health, wellbeing and connectivity allowances. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3467389