Senior Software EngineerRemoteEngineering Worldwide
Kickstarter, PBC is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help deliver great experiences for Kickstarter creators and backers.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s product development team builds the platform that helps bring creative projects to life.
We're a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, data analysts, and community specialists working collaboratively using iterative, data-driven, and outcome oriented approaches to solve problems.
Our work touches every area of the platform as we develop new features and functionality. Our ability to develop valuable, maintainable and useful solutions opens up more opportunities for creators and backers to bring creative projects to life.
We build features with modern frameworks like Ruby on Rails, React, Atomic CSS, Redux, Apollo, and TypeScript, all backed by a GraphQL API. We use iterative and data-driven processes to build and refine our platform that supports our mission of bringing creative projects to life.
In This Role, You Will:
- Work closely and collaboratively within a cross functional team of product managers, designers, engineers, as well as other stakeholders.
- Iteratively research, experiment, and develop products and features to solve real problems for Kickstarter creators and backers.
- Help drive the technical direction of the Kickstarter platform and product.
- Contribute to continuous learning and improvement of our team and organizational work, systems, technology and processes.
- Mentor, coach and share knowledge with other team members and across the engineering organization.
- You have experience building applications or services with either/both of Ruby on Rails and/or building web applications with Typescript & React. Bonus: Experience in other expressive languages such as Elixir, Python, Elm, or similar.
- You have experience across full-stack web applications (or, if you focus on either frontend or backend, are willing to learn the rest of the stack).
- You enjoy working collaboratively, participating in team discussions, planning and software design.
- You have excellent communication and time management skills.
- You have experience mentoring other engineers, including pair programming and knowledge sharing.
- You have experience designing and building performant and scalable systems which balance user needs, business requirements, and resource constraints.
- You have experience working iteratively and maintaining live products.
- You have a pragmatic approach to writing well-tested, maintainable code.
- You love writing tests to ensure you deliver high-quality software and experiences.
- You consider the broader impacts of your work through; building accessible UI, quality & testing patterns, code readability, documentation and considering security, performance and data integrity concerns.
- You value sharing knowledge, personal growth, positive feedback, and continuously improving engineering and team practices.
- You empathize with creators, the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.