Senior Software Engineer Worldwide
[This is a full-time, fully-remote role - no agencies or recruiters please]
Engineers at Kyero.com are constantly pushing themselves to greater heights and redefining what is possible from a small team of passionate individuals.
They share some lofty business goals that will be achieved through well defined processes and automation but most significantly, through creativity and remarkable performances from a highly collaborative team.
We believe that happiness and productivity form a virtuous feedback loop that can be optimised for the benefit of all. We do this continuously and enthusiastically!
We are looking for a developer to join our team, to enjoy working with us and to share his knowledge with us. Ideally this developer would have the following skills (not all mandatory, we are looking for the best fit):
- You’re a Software Engineer, you have Fullstack development experience.
- You have experience with Ruby (on or off of Rails), JS and React.
- You are programming language agnostic (but you have your preferences).
- You have knowledge of design patterns and when to apply them.
- You have an understanding of what it takes to run and scale a high throughput production site in terms of caching, queuing and messaging.
- You're pragmatic on your job, you love to optimize for performance but you understand the cost-benefit of a solution.
- You love testing, you know pairing and code reviewing is about ensuring stuff works properly and a way to ensure quality and shared knowledge.
- You are comfortable and productive working 100% remotely.
- You have some basic devops skills and can handle Heroku fine.
Personal and Social Skills:
- You're a team player, you know when to ask for help and to give help, you listen to others and you give advice.
- You speak great English (we need to have a common language..) and you’re a good communicator.
- You have a good sense of humour and/or the ability to speak emoji!
- You’re curious and you like to learn new stuff.
- You live in Europe on a time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
What your day will look like:
- Say “Hi” every morning, say “Bye” every evening (bonus points if you use a truck load of emoji).
- Quick catch up with the team to sync up and refresh your vision of the big picture.
- Review a team mate's pull request and provide constructive feedback for them to improve their code.
- Head down and deep dive into a complex problem, trying to find the most elegant solution.
Working at Kyero
We are a completely remote team. That means we have a large amount of trust and a lot of flexibility. Travellers and explorers, young parents, nature lovers, and commute avoiders love working here. We are a collective of like minded people spread out through many countries, and our global perspective shapes our every move.
It also means we organize team and company meetups somewhere in Europe several times a year and it would be great to have you on most of them.
You will work together on a dedicated team with your eye on the finish line. Our teams are nimble and agile, and cover the technical range you would expect in world class product delivery teams.
We believe in learning and provide unique programs that improve your tech skills, leadership skills and even challenge you in personal development.
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Senior Software Engineer XI" in the title. Please also include :
- Your CV.
- A few words explaining why you think you'd be a good fit for Kyero.
- A link to your Github profile or any other major platforms you think we should look at.
Vacancy page : http://jobs.kyero.com/home/senior-software-engineer