Senior Software Engineer Remote US, Remote Canada, Remote Germany
At Mozilla we strive to make the Internet better for all users. Do you care deeply about the web and are passionate about software and systems engineering? Do you want to work in the open and at scale?
The Systems Engineering team builds software platforms, services and tools to get work done more efficiently and effectively. You will be working with a diverse group of engineers, product managers and internal customers.
As a member of the Systems Engineering team you will:
- Build software to improve Mozilla’s operations
- Build services that power features in our desktop and mobile products
- Build a transparent, user-auditable system as part of the Mozilla open source project
- Contribute to our coding standards and practices
Your Professional Profile:
- BS/MS in CS, CE or 3+ years relevant work experience
- Thorough understanding of the Web’s underlying technologies
- Experience building APIs and web services
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
As our team works across multiple areas, we are looking for candidates that are curious and have experience building different things. We are excited to see any additional experience with:
- User Experience (UX) design and/or Product Design
- Product management and systems thinking
- authentication techniques and security best practices
- Experience in multiple languages, particularly python, rust or golang
- Service reliability engineering and scaling web services
If you have other experiences and skills that you think makes you a better engineer please highlight them in your application.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/3227909