Senior Software Engineer (Shopify) Remote /
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency founded in 2006. We are a remote-first team with members across the world and offices in New York City and Los Angeles.
We partner with the world’s most loved brands to scale and optimize their direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses through brand, UX/design, technology/development, CRM/email, and marketing strategy.
Barrel specializes in the Fashion & Apparel, CPG Food & Beverage, Beauty & Skincare and Home Goods verticals. We work with clients including L’Oreal Paris, Gap, Barry’s, ScottsMiracle-Gro & Hu.
Barrel is looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer (Shopify) to join our remote-first team - you can work from anywhere in the US. You will be responsible for partnering with our Technical and internal teams to redesign and launch new web and mobile products for our clients.
- Architect and/or implement back-end technical solutions based on the requirements of the project
- Conduct technical requirements gathering, technical analysis and development of tech specs.
- Ensure that correct technology processes are being employed and followed on projects.
- Conduct research and assist on new business scoping efforts.
- Provide guidance and training to new members joining the team.
- Planning features utilizing sprints and juggle simultaneous feature development.
- Tech Stack: Sass/PostCSS, VueJS, Tailwind, Webpack
- Expertise with Serverless
- Solid understanding of OOP, relational databases, and SQL for implementing database-driven, web-based applications.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for performance and accessibility (WCAG)
- Experience working with source/version control platforms (Git)
- Experience with shell environments and UNIX/Linux administration—need to know well enough to communicate infrastructure needs.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Proven ability to manage large scale technology projects successfully.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills (both in person and in writing) while interacting with individuals with a range of technical understanding.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in relevant field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5 + years of front-end development experience; prior experience working in a design or advertising agency is a plus
- Expertise with Shopify, its APIs and plugins.
- Expert knowledge developing cross platform/browser (iOS, Android, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for web applications
As a full-time member of the Barrel team, we offer the following benefits:
- Remote Work
- Competitive Salary
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Half-day Fridays all year round
- Remote home setup stipend
- 401k match
- Professional development stipend
Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.