Senior Software Engineer - Semantic Code United States
Our team consists currently of seven engineers. We have one foot in shipping user-facing features and one in research: this project lies at the most cutting-edge of PLT research, so we spend time both reading papers and working with real-world tech such as gRPC and HTTP interfaces.
- Building a set of Haskell libraries that can analyze and extract data from untrusted source code on GitHub.
- Building, maintaining, and operating internal services to vend the information yielded from source code.
- Consulting the latest research and adapting new techniques to bear on real-world tasks.
- Working with other internal teams to provide them with useful insights and data.
- Educating and learning from teammates with regular pair-programming and group-based discussions.
- Defining, accepting, and shipping regular deliverables, both internally and to customers.
- Experience with Git and GitHub.
- Experience using Haskell (or other functional languages such as OCaml or Racket) to solve real-world problems.
- Familiarity with the concepts behind implementation of compilers and interpreters.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, applied programming language theory.
- Clear communication (written and spoken) skills and a willingness to ask for and offer help.
- Experience with real-world implementations of compilers and interpreters.
- Familiarity with advanced Haskell topics such as recursion schemes and extensible effects.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1234354