Senior Software Engineer - Salesforce Remote - US / Canada
GitHub is looking for a full-time Senior Software Engineer, expert in the salesforce technology stack to join our Business Systems team to help expand and maintain our Salesforce.com implementation and its ecosystem.
The primary focus of your role will be to help design and implement solutions in our Salesforce org that support our Salesforce users. As a senior member of our engineering team, in addition to your project-based responsibilities, you will be expected to design elegant solutions to business problems, establish and refine our best practices, enhance and maintain our existing CI/CD processes, and mentor junior engineers.
You'll Collaborate with our internal business partners to understand their needs and to find opportunities to increase their productivity by streamlining and automating their business processes.
You should have a strong understanding of Salesforce development best practices and should be equally comfortable delivering solutions declaratively and in Apex. You should be familiar with Apex governor limits and have experience optimizing code and resolving performance problems. You take pride in writing high quality, well-tested code, and aren’t afraid of challenging projects.
- Collaborate with our internal business partners to understand needs and deliver scalable solutions
- Facilitate integrations between Salesforce and other systems.
- Design and implement new features in Apex and Lightning
- Identify and resolve performance problems in our existing codebase
- Contribute to our custom CI/CD workflow built on GitHub Actions
- Establish and document best practices around Apex coding
- Remove performance bottlenecks
- 5+ years of Apex programming experience
- 3+ years experience programming in another object oriented language (Java, C++, C#, etc.)
- Bash/shell scripting experience
- Solid understanding of OO design patterns
- Experience with CI/CD platforms
- Solid understanding of Apex triggers and trigger frameworks and their potential impact on governor limits
- Experience debugging and optimizing Apex code
- Aura/Lightning development experience
- Salesforce administration and declarative programming (workflows, process builder, etc.) experience
- Deep understanding of Salesforce Sales Cloud data model and typical sales processes
- Experience in using version control environments like Github, Bitbucket or Gitlab
- Salesforce.com certification (Developer, Architect, Sales Cloud)
- Salesforce CPQ (formerly Steelbrick) experience
- Experience working with a distributed team across time zones.
- Git or GitHub experience
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3072914