Senior Software Engineer - Platform Worldwide
InVision is the leading product design and development platform for teams building world-class digital products. It’s every company’s imperative to continuously innovate and improve on their customer experience: InVision’s platform, education, and community enable creative collaboration across teams and geographies for improved speed-to-market and powerful business results.
More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking for digital transformation. That process doesn’t start and end in any design tool: it encompasses ideation, conversation, visual collaboration and so much more. Teams use InVision to create, prototype and test new ideas; develop repeatable and streamlined processes in design, product and engineering; and improve workflows to move more efficiently from inspiration to production and drive innovation. The InVision platform allows teams to collaborate throughout the process with every stakeholder, giving individuals the visibility and know-how they require. Customers include 100 percent of the Fortune 100 and organizations including American Express, Adidas, Boeing, Ford Motor, Netflix, HBO, Ikea, Slack and Virgin Atlantic.
InVision is a fully distributed company with people in more than 20 countries. Investors include Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
The Core Platform team is in need of a Senior Software Engineer - Platform. We are building InVision’s next generation of cloud infrastructure. We operate everything from Cloudflare to container orchestration to CI/CD. Our goal is for every software engineer at InVision to be able to say they get to use the best tools in the industry to do their jobs. We believe in infrastructure as code using Terraform, leveraging managed services like AWS EKS, enabling teams to self-serve their way to success with full but scoped access to the underlying tools, and creating smart defaults for teams to be able to focus on delivering value.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to assembling leading cloud infrastructure tools to meet the needs of product-engineering teams
- Contribute improvements in the tools back to the open source community
- Work cross-functionally by partnering with product engineering teams to improve their developer experience and assist them with transitioning their services to the new infrastructure
- Strive to improve operations, reliability, and observability of platform and product workloads
- Be on-call 1 week every 2 months for the infrastructure we are responsible for
What You’ll Bring:
- Compassion for product engineers operating their own services on the infrastructure we manage
- Experience with AWS, HashiCorp Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm
- Interest in or familiarity with Istio, HashiCorp Vault, Concourse CI, Open Policy Agent, Golang, Prometheus, OpenTelemetry
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/3110558