Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Infrastructure San Francisco, CA (HQ)
GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together.
The Engineering organization is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Data group and closely partner with our Product organization in the development of key machine learning products. In this role, you will have a core role in the development of large scale distributed systems that power GitHub’s core user offerings.
This is an individual contributor position with significant growth potential.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Product Managers, and other Engineers on building machine learning driven products into production
- Create modular, flexible workflows for feature generation, deployment, and serving, as well as streamlined model deployment and validation
- Provide mentorship and advise on best practices impacting large scale cross-functional projects
- 5+ years prior relevant experience
- Strong experience building and productionizing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems
- Track record of building large scale, distributed, data driven platforms, in a cloud environment (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Strong scripting ability in Python / Bash
- Experience being an effective contributor in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction
Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3510167