Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Services - 100% Remote Eastern - US - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Our product development teams lead the ongoing evolution of multiple market-leading products and services -- Nexus Repository and Nexus Lifecycle -- used by hundreds of thousands of developers, application security professionals, and legal staff across the world.
As a platform engineer, you will be a critical part of designing and delivering the next generation of cloud-based software and services complimenting Sonatype’s market-leading supply chain and open source software governance portfolio. You will develop the services and infrastructure needed to deliver mission-critical customer-facing solutions at a massive scale. You will work closely with your teammates and product development to turn new and innovative ideas into reality.
- Software engineering experience; we primarily use Java.
- Database and data manipulation skills working with relational or non-relational models.
- Deep curiosity for how things work and desire to make them better.
- Knowledge and experience with infrastructure as code (i.e. Terraform, CloudFormation, or equivalent).
- Knowledge and experience with AWS (compute, networking, security, and scaling).
- Experience in developing distributed fault-tolerant services.
- Experience with Docker.
Nice To Haves
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative fields.
- Experience with multi-region or hybrid cloud architectures.
- Experience with non-AWS cloud providers (Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure).
- Experience deploying to or managing Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience with Identity Management and Authentication solutions.
- Experience with messaging/streaming solutions such as SNS/SQS, Hazelcast, Kafka.
- Experience working in a highly distributed environment, using modern collaboration tools to facilitate team communication.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
No one is going to tell you when to get up in the morning, or dole out a bunch of small tasks for you to do every single day. Members of Sonatype's software development organization have to have the internal drive and initiative to make the product vision a reality. Flow should be the predominant state of mind.
We are looking for smart people, who get things done and that well in a team environment. We have a deeply strong team technically, though many places probably claim this. If you love working on and solving some of the most difficult software engineering challenges, you will love working here.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.