Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Senior Software Engineer in our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
Our Platform Engineering teams are responsible for infrastructure, operations, automation, and engineering tooling for our AWS and Kubernetes-based compute, data, and eventing infrastructure supporting all InVision Engineering teams. We are enablers and force multipliers. We build products that help our engineering customers better own and operate their own services. We constantly work to understand the business goals ahead of our engineering teams, lay the groundwork before they arrive, and enable them to painlessly ship awesome, reliable, performant, efficient, and secure products as quickly as possible.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to assembling leading cloud infrastructure tools to meet the needs of product-engineering teams
- Contribute improvements in the tools back to the open source community
- Work cross-functionally by partnering with product engineering teams to improve their developer experience and assist them with transitioning their services to the new infrastructure
- Strive to improve operations, reliability, and observability of platform and product workloads
- Be on-call 1 week every 2 months for the infrastructure we support
What you’ll bring:
- Compassion for product engineers operating their own services on the infrastructure we manage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bias towards results, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution; you won’t stop until the problem is solved with an effective solution
- Hands on experience building systems and infrastructure solutions
- Experience with AWS, HashiCorp Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm
- Interest in or familiarity with Istio, HashiCorp Vault, Concourse CI, Open Policy Agent, Prometheus, Golang, OpenTelemetry
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/3272138