Senior Software Engineer, Automations Remote /
ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 120,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 120,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Sr Software Engineer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale with our quickly growing user database. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development. Work with amazing people on an amazing product!
As part of enhancing ActiveCampaign's Customer Experience, the team has focused on several innovative use cases by utilizing predictive data models, streaming technologies, serverless functions, event-driven microservices, etc. Our highly motivated team actively participates in Hackathon. As part of our continuous improvement culture, the team is highly encouraged to develop new ways of implementing solutions to improve our platform's stability and reliability.
What your day could consist of:
- Work on a cross-functional team to build and improve the ActiveCampaign platform, and collaborate with the teams to design and build new features and capabilities
- Work with cloud native stack, build on AWS, use technologies like Kubernetes, Streaming and Serverless
- Develop software system designs which support product requirements, including performance, scalability, security, and manageability
- Identify opportunities to improve ActiveCampaign’s platform reliability and performance and come up with technical proposals and implementation plans
- Collaborate with various cross functional teams like product, security, DevOps, DataOps and SRE etc.
- Produce quality, tested code, and advocate for coding standards and best practices
- Fix bugs, identify and resolve root causes
- Participate in planning and stand-up meetings
- Contribute to code and design reviews
What is needed:
- 6+ years experience with object oriented languages Java, Python, and/or PHP etc. PHP experience is a plus
- Experience with RESTful API design and implementations with OpenAPI (Swagger) authoring
- Solid experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good knowledge in distributed system designs and microservices based architectures
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into high-level designs and act as a subject matter expert in software design, architecture, implementation
- Strong understanding of AWS or other cloud technologies
- Worked with CI/CD tools with an emphasis on building quality code and speed to market.
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.