Senior Software Engineer - Issues Remote - US / Canada
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to work on GitHub.com — you’ll work with our team of engineers to build and maintain features that create rich and compelling experiences for millions of developers across the world.
The main focus of this role is to build customer-facing products for GitHub.com, working to create and deliver features that make our users' lives better.
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- You will work with Product and Design teams to build new features
- You will document the systems you help build
- You will coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- You will mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- You will become an owner and advocate for the systems the team builds, participate in an on-call rotation and respond to incidents as necessary
- At least 5 years experience developing web applications
- 2+ years of RoR experience
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful API design and/or GraphQL
- A background in refactoring large-scale systems
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal (particularly as part of a remote team)
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1972074