Senior Social Media Manager United States
This role is part strategist part community guru. As a hybrid social media strategist and manager you will lead the strategic development and growth of GitHub’s main corporate social channels. This role isn’t just sharing a message but actively thinking about how to better help connect developers with all that’s happening in the community and at GitHub. Given that, this person needs to have a deep understanding and first-hand experience with social media strategy, analysis, channel management, and community management as well as knowledge about the software development industry, GitHub, and the open source community.
This person will be part of the corporate communications team but will work in one of the most cross-functional roles at the company, with teams including corporate marketing, growth, product marketing, product, engineering, support, and the broader communications organization. The work is highly visible, so will require experience working with executives and senior leadership, excellent communication skills, high levels of empathy, and expert abilities in collaborating and being nimble.
- Develop a top-level, cross channel strategy for social media at GitHub that supports the company mission and goals—and implementing that uniquely across Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram*
- Curate daily editorial content and pitch social activations*
- Provide strategic insight on cross-functional campaigns
- Develop social strategies into integrated marketing campaigns*
- Develop and implement programming that helps grow and strengthen our community of followers
- Manage paid and organic social media promotions around our major events, GitHub Universe and GitHub Satellite*
- Create and drive live event social strategies* Regularly report on social performance to executive stakeholders*
- Engage developers, customers, and the open source community in ways that add value to their communities and conversations*
- Be an advocate for the developer community
- Regularly track, monitor, and optimize performance of campaigns and accounts
- 8-10 years experience managing social media channels and working on creative and innovative social media campaigns for a high-profile brand or brands*
- A love for both building the plan and then bringing that plan to life
- Ability to see top down and bottom up—can move seamlessly between high-level, strategic thinking and more nuanced, tactical lenses*
- Expert cross-functional and collaborative work style*
- Proven track record of running successful social media campaigns for large companies that drive impact on key business goals
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment*
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1828783