Senior Security Researcher - Applications - 100% Remote - Colombia Colombia - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision made by modern engineering organizations.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
The Senior Security Researcher will investigate and analyze vulnerabilities in open-source software.
Sonatype is looking for a passionate, driven, and talented developer to provide high-quality security data from researching software vulnerabilities. This is not a development position but relies on development experience to help navigate complex architectures and threat vectors in open-source software. This high-quality security data ensures that our customers get maximum value out of our products, making them feel like they are part of the Sonatype family.
If you are a positive-thinker and problem-solver and believe that customer success and company success go hand-in-hand, this is a great job for you. This position will provide a valuable learning opportunity with great potential to grow your newly started career in cyber-security. Enjoy your job as you work in a fast-paced, flexible, and fun environment with talented, diverse, and forward-thinking individuals.
Key Areas of Focus
- Review, isolate, analyze, and reverse engineer vulnerabilities in open-source software
- Document attack capabilities
- Provide detection and remediation guidance
- Aid in ideas and prototypes for new tooling
- Collaborate with other team members toward shared product goals
- Improve Sonatype products by providing valuable security data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Currently reside in Colombia, South America, and are legally authorized to work without sponsorship.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of application security such as the OWASP Top 10 or Sans 25
- Knowledge of different languages such as Python, Ruby, and scripting
- Knowledge of different operating systems such as *NIX, Windows
- Application vulnerability assessment or penetration testing experience
- Knowledge of open-source environments like Github is a plus
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- See why we've won these awards and enjoy a 4.6 Glassdoor rating.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.