Senior Security Engineer, Security Operations Worldwide
This position is remote based.
Security Engineers at GitLab work on securing our product and on internal security. On the product side, this includes the open source version of GitLab, the enterprise editions, and the GitLab.com service. Security Engineers work with peers on cross-functional teams dedicated to areas of the product. They also work together with product managers, developers, and the infrastructure teams to solve common goals.
Security Operations specialists respond to incidents. This is often a fast-paced and stressful environment, where responding quickly and maintaining ones composure is critical.
- Focus on detection and incident response, as well as implement preventative mechanisms
- Coordinate company-wide responses to security incidents
- Incorporate current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research
- Engineer CND technologies to monitor and analyze (e.g. IDSes, Data collection tools)
- Conduct vulnerability management
- Identify and mitigate complex security vulnerabilities before an attacker exploits them
- Determine level of effort required to compromise sensitive data
- Triage and manage vulnerabilities identified through scanning
- At least 2-3 years direct experience as an Individual Contributor in specialty
- If offered position, can start within 1 month's timeframe
- Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified applicants receive a short questionnaire from our Recruiting team
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Recruiting team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with Security Engineer
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with Director of Security
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an additional interview with VP of Engineering
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
As always, the interviews and screening call will be conducted via a video call. See more details about our hiring process on the hiring handbook.
- Please view the compensation range for this role at the bottom of the position description.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!