Senior Security Engineer, Incident Response United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Security Engineer, Incident Response
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to maintain customer trust through extraordinary discipline and technical support. Twilio’s Threat Detection and Response (TDR) team is responsible for detecting and responding to all security incidents on Twilio’s complex global network. TDR Security Engineers support this mission by working across the organization to identify and collect useful sources of data, understand security architectures and capabilities, oversee our holistic vulnerability management program, and lead our security incident response efforts.
In this role, you’ll:
- Ruthlessly Prioritize:
- Triage and track potential threats and alerts from multiple sources, and spot trends
- Conduct and document the incident life cycle, managing and coordinating security incidents, engaging other teams, and providing other support
- Engage with cross-functional partners to identify and understand new data sources, tune false positives, and centralize data in aggregation platforms
- Understand security vulnerabilities, attacker exploit techniques, and methods for their remediation.
- Be an Owner: Collaborate with other engineering teams to find and identify security gaps
- Don’t Settle: Create or propose automated tooling or streamlined processes to quickly resolve security incidents and events as they arise
- Draw the Owl: Execute on the vision and develop creative innovative approaches to accelerate threat detection, responses, and remediation of security incidents
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security with a focus on incident response, security engineering, and/or intrusion detection
- An investigative attitude and an interest in fostering your career in security engineering and incident response
- Experience analyzing events or incidents to triage the issue or find the root cause through log and forensic analysis
- Experience developing playbooks, runbooks, troubleshoot technical issues, and recognize and identify patterns
- Experience with AWS, GCP, and vendor SaaS Integrations
- Experience with automation and building security tools
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good security practices with the community.
- Schedule: ability to work non-standard, on-call rotation weekend and holiday hours
- Proficiency with infrastructure as code, such as Terraform
- Working knowledge of service-oriented architectures and software development, as well as experience with different tools and technologies fit for a cloud environment
This role will be remote and based in the US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,000 - $181,940
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4489677