Senior Security Compliance Engineer - Commercial Worldwide
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
- Enable security to scale through the definition of security controls and document the boundaries and applicability of the information security management system to establish its scope.
- Work across industries to support GitLab customers in their own compliance journey.
- Identify and mitigate GitLab information security risk through continuous control monitoring and automation.
Security Compliance professionals at GitLab focus on operating our security compliance programs and are proficient in all things security compliance. They are comfortable operating within our transparent compliance programs and understand how compliance works with cloud-native technology stacks.
Senior Security Compliance Engineer
This position reports to the Security Manager, Compliance role at GitLab.
Senior Security Compliance Engineer Job Grade
The Senior Security Compliance Engineer is a 7.
Senior Security Compliance Engineer Responsibilities
- The responsibilities of a Security Compliance Engineer, plus;
- Execute end to end compliance initiatives in accordance with the compliance roadmap
- Design high-quality test plans and direct security control test activities
- Continuously improve GitLab's security control framework
- Draft and implement handbook pages, procedures and runbooks related to security compliance
- Direct external audits
- Build and maintain security controls that map to GitLab security compliance requirements and provide implementation recommendations
- Peer review control test worksheets and provide feedback and guidance to Security Compliance Engineers
- Identify manual security compliance controls that can be improved through automation
- Design requirements for security compliance automation tasks
- Recommend new security compliance metrics and automate reporting of existing metrics
Senior Security Compliance Engineer Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years' experience defining and shaping compliance programs
- Demonstrated experience with at least four security control frameworks (e.g. SOC 2, ISO, NIST, COSO, COBIT, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of how compliance works with cloud-native technology stacks
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 50-minute interview with the hiring manager,
- Then, candidates will be invited to schedule 3 separate 50-minute interviews with 3 different peers from within the Security organization,
- Finally, candidates will be invited to schedule a 25-minute interview with the Director, Security Assurance.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $110,900-$202,000 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for >Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6338298002