Senior Sales Strategy and Data Analyst Remote - US / Canada
GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for a highly motivated Senior Sales Strategy and Data Analyst who will work closely with multiple teams across the organization as we continue to grow and scale, especially in our integration with Microsoft. You will be at the intersection of data and business, partnering closely with other analysts and data owners as well as senior leaders within the Sales organization whose strategy will be informed by your findings. This role will be contributing to some of our highest-profile projects and working with executive leadership to scale our business. Responsibilities include creating and maintaining analytical data facets, designing, and executing data science analyses, and building and delivering presentations of your findings to the business. This position will be based in our San Francisco HQ or remote US/Canada.
- Work with key sales leaders on critical strategic, organizational, and operational projects designed to increase revenue, sales productivity, and operational efficiency.
- Create a cadence and ritual for monitoring the health of the global revenue business to identify any opportunities or risks.
- Provide thought leadership, perform business analysis, and support execution of high-impact strategic projects and mission-critical initiatives.
- Develop and maintain SaaS metrics in BI tools in addition to ad hoc analysis to help drive strategic business decisions as it relates to Microsoft integration efforts.
- Develop and maintain methods to organize and compare disparate data sets between GitHub and Microsoft.
- Create and maintain dashboards that tie back to business and product goals.
- Collaborate closely with GitHub and Microsoft's Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Product teams to optimize how we capture, analyze, and report business and product data.
- Report insights across business functions (Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Product) to track company progress and periodically validate the total addressable market sizing for Microsoft-specific go-to-market verticals or use-cases.
- Work with our cross-functional partners (Sales, Marketing, Strategic Finance, Customer Success, Support, Product) to ensure the successful execution of key projects, while continually finding opportunities for ongoing program improvements and enhancements.
- 8+ years of extensive and progressive experience in Sales Operations and Data Analytics
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field (science, math, engineering, computer science, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Excellent data analysis and communication skills.
- Expertise in SQL (MySQL, Postgres, Hive, Presto) and Python.
- Experience developing and maintaining ETLs (Airflow experience is a big plus).
- Experience with statistical modeling and data visualization tools (Looker experience is a big plus).
- Working understanding of Salesforce.com's core data model and functionality, including reporting tools and experience with equivalent Microsoft solutions.
- Experience solving real-world data problems with code.
- Great business acumen and exceptional strategic thinking skills balanced with operational execution capabilities.
- Strong competency in problem solving, analysis & project management. Ability to identify issues and develop and implement solutions to meet department and company goals.
- Self-starter; strong drive and work ethic; willingness to take on big challenges and own the results from brainstorm to execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - Able to influence others effectively.
- Are driven to define the right key metrics and analyses to produce actionable insights
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, fast-growing, and results-driven environment that demands consistent and enduring excellence.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2563610