Senior Sales Engineer - Strategic Accounts (German Speaker) UK - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is experiencing dramatic growth, and we have created a number of new opportunities for Sales Engineers to join our EMEA team! Primarily working remotely and supporting customers in the DACH & CEE region, our Sales Engineers attend the London office regularly.
A Sales Engineers role involves partnering with account managers to help prospective customers discover, learn and implement a DevSecOps approach which increases the speed, security, and quality of their software.
Bringing curiosity and commercial thinking to customer engagements, you will apply outstanding technical skills to solve customer problems with Sonatype’s complex and innovative solutions.
Understanding modern application development, and how risks surface in applications today our Sales Engineers work with enterprise architects, security officers, developers, and DevOps managers, to help them do things better.
- Work with our customers to understand their current software development practices, identifying opportunities to improve them with Sonatype’s solutions
- Creating technical recommendations on how to improve their Software Supply Chain and DevSecOps practices.
- Deliver compelling software demonstrations, customer proof-of-concept (POC) and reference architectures showcasing the value of our solutions.
- Attend and present at meetups and trade shows, sharing experiences, building presence and awareness.
- We are looking for an outstanding team player who loves to collaborate to get things done. A great communicator who can articulate complex technical ideas, verbally and in writing, to technical and non-technical audiences.
- You’ll be performing on-site proof of concepts (POCs) and customer demonstrations on a regular basis. Demonstrable experience developing software and / or a proven pre sales or consulting background is important.
- An empathetic approach to customers is required, along with the ability to clearly understand their problems and form meaningful solutions .
- We'd love to find someone highly technical who is in tune with the latest approaches in DevOps / DevSecOps and has some experience in application security. Familiarity with a wide range of tooling used in the SDLC is required.
- Fluency in German would be highly desirable.
We offer a competitive package including competitive and flexible basic salary + commission, private pension and medical schemes, paid time off for volunteering, innovative online learning platform, generous holiday allowance.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.