Senior Sales Engineer - EAST US - Eastern - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is experiencing spectacular growth, and we’re looking to add a passionate, driven, and talented Sr Sales Engineer to our Sales team. This is a customer-facing role and with travel as required when normal business conditions resume. The Sr Sales Engineer will help prospective customers discover, learn, and implement a DevSecOps approach to increase their software's speed, security, and quality.
The ideal candidate has outstanding technical acumen, great communication skills, and excels in customer engagements. If you have the soft skills to match your technical prowess and thrive in a fast-moving, fast-growing environment, we want to talk to you.
You should feel passionate about working with exceptionally smart people and helping them do things better. Our customers are enterprise architects, security officers, developers, and DevOps managers.
Who you are and what you'll do:
- Take a consultative approach to understand our customer’s current software development practices and identify opportunities to improve them with Sonatype’s solutions.
- Provide technical recommendations on how to improve their Software Supply Chain and DevSecOps practices using Sonatype solutions.
- Deliver compelling software demonstrations, customer proof-of-concept (POC) engagements, and reference architectures showcasing Sonatype's solution value.
- Act as a resource to educate your sales colleagues on relevant product knowledge.
- Assist in completing RFP/RFIs with sales teams and other technical resources at Sonatype.
- Work closely with sales and technical colleagues to achieve a sales quota.
- Communicate important customer product feedback to Sonatype product management.
- Opportunities to attend and present at meetups and trade shows to build presence and awareness and share experiences.
- Become a trusted DevSecOps technical advisor to customers and the community.
- Keep on top of the latest trends in the SDLC tooling landscape.
Skills you'll need:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant pre-sales experience.
- Must have experience with CI/CD
- Familiarity with tooling used in the SDLC, including VCSs (e.g., git, svn, etc.), modern build tools (e.g., Jenkins), package managers (e.g., Maven, Gradle, Nuget, NPM, etc.), artifact repositories (e.g., Nexus), continuous delivery technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Udeploy, XL Deploy, etc.), container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, etc.)
- Great Interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
What we're proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- Best Places to work Washington Post and Washingtonian 2019
- Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental leave Policy paid
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.