Senior Revenue Accountant United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our expanding Global Revenue Accounting Team. This role will work on all aspects of the revenue accounting process and ensure accurate and complete financial information related to revenue. You will collaborate with various business partners in Sales, Deal Desk, FP&A and Billing, among others. This is a great role for someone excited and passionate about revenue accounting and contributing to the success of the team and company. Reporting to the Manager of Revenue Accounting, you’ll join a supportive team excited to help you succeed.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of success in a revenue accounting role. They also have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 2+ years in public accounting preferred and 2+ years in corporate revenue accounting
- Strong experience with Microsoft Word & Excel; Google Suite experience
- Experience with Oracle, NetSuite, Zuora, and other accounting softwares
- Revenue Accounting experience with a working knowledge of ASC606
- Ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize while working on multiple projects
- Excellent team player and collaborator
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
As a Senior Revenue Accountant, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- NO SHENANIGANS: Lead parts of the revenue accounting close process driving timely and accurate reporting of revenue on a monthly basis
- BE AN OWNER: Understand the Company product offerings, routes to market implications on revenue recognition
- BE INCLUSIVE: Liaise with various business partners upstream in the sales cycle to influence accuracy and efficiency in the revenue accounting process
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Support key business partners in exploration of new products, ways to package and sell, etc. with guidance on revenue accounting implications
- BE BOLD: Identify and facilitate improvements of processes to increase internal efficiencies
- WRITE IT DOWN: Clearly and completely document all processes and procedures
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Lead automation efforts within the team and business partners to drive efficiency initiatives within the quote to cash business cycle
The Global Revenue Accounting Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with Accounting Leadership and Sales to ensure revenue is recognized accurately. We utilize internal and external systems to book journal entries during the month end close process and perform balance sheet reconciliations. We partner with multiple departments to develop new processes as our business continues to expand and grow.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote or in a Twilio office if located near one. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $68,096.00 - $81,120.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $59,584.00 - $74,480.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3005852