Senior Release Engineer United States, Canada, Europe
The Firefox Release Engineering team is looking for a Mobile Release Engineer to work as part of our team to help build and ship Mozilla’s mobile products. At Mozilla, Release Engineering is the force-multiplier that allows our much smaller, open-source community to deliver user-focused products that compete with offerings from some of the largest, most dominant companies in the tech industry today. If you love automation, building pipelines, and shipping things, keep reading!
As a Mobile Release Engineer you will:
- Build and maintain continuous integration and release pipelines for Mozilla's Android applications
- Work with our security and operations teams to deliver secure and high availability services
- Make technical decisions about the code and architecture of our release infrastructure
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed team, work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project, and engage with Mozilla’s global community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven ability to be effective on a distributed team
- Passion for open source, and have internalized the Mozilla mission
- Advanced Python coding skills
- Experience building Android applications using Maven, Gradle, or other similar tools
- Experience with CI infrastructure such as travis, CircleCI, or Jenkins
- You have shipped user software, preferably more than once
- Experience with Docker, Terraform, Puppet, or similar configuration management tools
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains so you should be passionate about learning new things. We understand that technologies are tools, and that underlying concepts are larger than any single tool. In release engineering, we use a mix of python, node.js, travis, hg, git and others, but this list is fluid and will change over time. You will be required to learn new tools as required, probably even on your first day.
Join us and become part of our mission to champion openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/1234662