Senior Project Leader United States
Company: Bad Rabbit
Senior Project Leader
About Bad Rabbit
Bad Rabbit, Inc. is made up of a growing team of experienced professionals who work together to identify, understand, and develop solutions to our clients’ software needs. We work within the medical research sector, and help to maintain and develop tools to assist research institutions deal with administration, compliance, research finance, and regulation. Some of our clients include The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Arizona State University, Penn State, and Dartmouth College.
- Startup culture, without startup stress. Bad Rabbit is a 10-year old, profitable business but we are still a small and growing company. This means you can experience the excitement of being in a fast-growing company, and have plenty of opportunities to grow with us without the crazy hours or instability of a “normal” startup.
- Great team. Our team is predominately located in the greater NYC, Philadelphia and Portland, Oregon areas and individuals work from home offices. That’s right: your commute is only as far as your coffee machine. As we are small, we can be very selective about the types of people we hire. That means you’re going to get to work with some really smart, passionate, and friendly individuals. You won’t find a dramatic or competitive work environment here; we’ve set up Bad Rabbit to be a non-political, efficient place where you can expect to be valued and respected for your work ethic and teamwork, no matter which piece of the puzzle you’re working on.
- Unique culture. We strive to be fair, transparent, and flat, meaning you won’t wonder what the “higher ups” are discussing behind closed doors. At Bad Rabbit, everyone is treated equally and as key members of the team. We have a unique revenue sharing scheme which rewards everyone’s hard-work and encourages everyone to contribute to our future growth.
- Amazing work environment. We think if you work hard, you should receive a great salary and generous benefits. We have full health coverage for you, your spouse, and dependents; a great 401K; bonus potential and loads more! We’ll even set you up with a shiny new computer of your choice and a big monitor to go with it. Who doesn’t love that new computer smell?
You are an experienced software development and implementation Project Manager with a track record of delivering high-quality software projects – on time and on budget. You are skilled at getting the best out of the people and projects you oversee while balancing the constraints of the time, budget, and technologies. In a nutshell, you know enough about software to understand client needs and what is possible, and you have the communication skills to positively and efficiently manage the needs and expectations of both the client and development team. The perfect blend for this position will be someone who is equally adept at analysis and task management, and who thoroughly understands the specific realities and possibilities of the software development process. You are able to braid your talent for business analysis with your management consulting skills for results that both impress our clients and set them at ease. Under your care, neither clients nor the development team will lack clarity regarding progress or priority.
- Proven working experience as a software development / implementation project manager, running technical teams
- Track record shipping completed software projects.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience utilizing multiple software development methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, including ability to lead presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proposal and presentation writing skills and professional-level correspondence.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills; able to juggle multiple priorities and switching of context as required.
- Ability to interact in ambiguous situations in which you may not have all the answers
- Ability to lead outside specific process framework
- Ability to take initiative in doing the right thing
- Ability to average 40 hours of work per week.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Multiple years of consulting experience.
- Multiple years of experience working with Enterprise customers.
(Note that, while we’d love to see these attributes on an application, we don’t want to discourage you from applying if you meet the above-listed qualifications, but don’t have these specific experiences.)
- Experience with Huron-Click Portal Solutions
- Experience in medical research administration, such as IRBs or Grants Management Systems.
- Experience with other medical research software, for instance EPIC.
What You’ll Do:
You will manage large enterprise consulting software projects in a variety of technologies and specifically in the research administration domain. As part of your day to day, you will:
- Work directly with end-users and customers to understand requirements, scope, and objectives
- Leading presentations for clients; must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to lead meetings to uncover needs.
- Translate functional goals to tasks that technical experts can work on
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and under budget
- Negotiate project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and validating technical feasibility
- Develop project plans for larger efforts, enter developer tasks/specifications into issue tracking systems, and track progress
- Manage client expectations and obtain appropriate approvals/signatures when managing changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Work with the Bad Rabbit management team as challenges or risks arise
- Manage relationships with clients and all stakeholders, while looking for opportunities to follow up on work
- Create and maintain adequate project documentation; this requires excellent writing skills, as you will be producing client-facing proposals and presentations.
- In this position, you will become an expert in Huron-Click Portal technology and Research Administration applications (IRB, IACUC, Grants, CTMS, Safety Committees)
This position will require travelling up to 50% of the time (though most of the time is expected to be less frequent) throughout the United States and Canada to attend sales meetings, manage existing clients, and provide project management expertise.
Flexibility & Remote Work
At Bad Rabbit, we pride ourselves on being a forward-thinking employer. Most of our team members work from home and set their own hours. However, this position is client facing so it is expected that project managers will need to keep more regular business hours, and to average 40 hours per week. Outside of travel time, it is acceptable for employees to work remotely and set their own schedules.
For this position, working remotely is completely acceptable but it is mandatory that candidates are based within commuting distance to greater NYC, Philadelphia, or Portland, Oregon as for the first few months as it will be important to come into the office for training.
Benefits & Compensation
For a full list of benefits check out our Careers page, but at a glance:
- Competitive compensation (above industry average)
- Comprehensive benefits (Health & 401K)
- Profit sharing scheme
- Flexible hours
- Ability to work remotely or on site
Make sure you clearly fit the descriptions above (see “About You“). You must be authorized to work in the United States and physically able to work in either the Greater New York City area, Philadelphia, or Portland, Oregon.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your resume or Linked In
- Tell us why we are a great fit for each other
- Tell us about a software project that you managed and shipped – what went wrong, what went right
- Keep in mind we want to know who you are as a person; it never hurts to tell us about your hobbies or what you look forward to doing with your new, flexible, work-from- home lifestyle. For example, we’re dog people, and we appreciate a good sense of humor.
Our Hiring Process
- Resume and cover letter review — be sure to cover the requested topics listed above in your cover letter for the most efficient response time
- 30-minute phone screen
- Two one-hour phone interviews
- A one-hour call where we discuss our day-to-day, talk salary, logistics, and fit
- A final in-person interview
Please note: Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. Please read the above information closely for cover letter requirements.
Vacancy page : https://careers.badrabbit.com/careers/project-manager/