Senior Program Manager Remote - US / Canada
GitHub is on a mission to accelerate human progress through developer collaboration, and we want you to help accelerate GitHub.
As Senior Program Manager in the Office of the COO, you will own the end-to-end delivery of strategic programs that are critical to enabling GitHub’s continued growth. You will join a small group of highly skilled and experienced program managers focused on delivering strategic programs across GitHub and driving operational excellence in support of GitHub’s continued growth, spanning strategic planning and operational improvements across the business. At any time, you will own and drive the execution of multiple large-scale, cross-functional programs with massive executive exposure and the need to deliver.
As the right candidate, you have a proven track-record delivering business and technology transformation programs in a fast-paced environment, along with the ability to articulate program vision, unite a cross-functional team, deliver against aggressive timelines, and proactively flag and mitigate risks. You have an executive presence, are analytical and data-driven, and a strategic thinker who builds relationships across the company and with external partners. You are calm under pressure, clearly set expectations, and are results-driven. You exercise excellent judgment based on a deep understanding of GitHub, the developer community, and cloud-driven products, and continuously set the right tempo.
- Scope and plan delivery of strategic programs in close collaboration with executive sponsors and stakeholders
- Lead programs end-to-end, coordinating and managing the execution of work across cross-functional and globally distributed teams
- Manage multiple programs in tandem, understanding how to juggle competing priorities
- Develop project plans (including comprehensive timelines), which include defining milestones, tasks and activities needed to achieve project goals
- Identify and proactively manage program risk, and collaborate with other program managers to mitigate risks across the program portfolio
- Plan and own change management activities (both internal and external)
- Develop and manage deadlines, budgets, and activities across assigned program(s)
- Drive collaboration across many stakeholders to define program goals and define metrics of success, taking into account available resources, dependencies, budget, priorities and other constraints
- Prepare and deliver reports on program progress and risk
- Take part in building out GitHub’s approach to the full life cycle of projects, including the framework for planning, initiation, resourcing and execution to monitoring, control and completion
- Act as a trusted strategic advisor to GitHub’s leadership team and program sponsors to optimize for customer experience and ROI
- Work with executives to gain alignment on strategy, priorities, and execution and conduct regular updates to COO and broader leadership team
- Embody our ‘growth mindset’ leadership principle to drive continued improvement
- 8+ years of project and program management experience, with a successful track record executing highly visible and mission-critical projects and programs in the tech industry
- Professional leader who is skilled at managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Solid experience driving and releasing changes impacting internal processes, products, and customers
- High energy and enthusiasm to drive large-scale transformations in a high growth company
- Self-starter mentality, yet a team player with a collaborative approach
- Able to manage and execute programs with minimal supervision
- Superior analytical skills and particular attention to detail with good business judgment and exceptional maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- You are tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3351790