Senior Program Manager, Office of the COO Remote - US / Canada
As Senior Program Manager in the Office of the COO, you will own and run strategic programs and activities that drive operational excellence across GitHub. Your job will be to identify, scope, plan, and execute on such improvements, and to execute on programs identified by senior leadership, where you will own the end-to-end program lifecycle. Your portfolio will include internal compliance and risk reduction programs, including GitHub’s efforts to ensure regulatory and policy awareness, as well as company cultural goals, while providing our growing employee base with exceptional educational tools and training experiences. You will work closely with stakeholders from internal and customer-facing functions across GitHub.
As the right candidate, you have the ability to deliver complex programs under pressure by managing timelines, contingencies, and dependencies of work plans as well as communicate progress and drive decision-making at an executive level.
- Scope and plan delivery of new strategic initiatives in close collaboration with project sponsors and stakeholders
- Lead program execution and coordinate and delegate work across cross-functional and globally distributed teams
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets, and activities
- Identify and manage program risk, and collaborate with other program managers to mitigate risks across the program portfolio
- Assess program performance and maximize ROI
- Prepare and deliver reports on program progress and risk
- Partner with stakeholders to shape and deliver GitHub’s required training delivery strategy
- Manage annual and new Hubber required training
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine and implement improvements
- 6+ years’ experience working cross-functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 6+ years' experience in program or project management
- Expertise and a successful track record in executing on high visibility and mission-critical projects and programs
- Ability to leverage critical thinking to improve processes and procedures
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex environments
- Self-starter mentality, yet a team player with a collaborative approach with a desire to prioritize the goals of the team above personal achievement
- Superior analytical skills and particular attention to detail with good business judgment and outstanding presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to leverage strategic vision to inform priorities
- Results-oriented with a strong work ethic and thrive in a high-performance culture. You are also tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches
- Ability to create a performance and metrics-focused culture.
- Experience with risk and compliance management
- Experience with learning & development
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2585932