Senior Product Security Engineer United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Product Security Team is responsible for partnering with Engineering teams to build and deploy secure products for our complex global network. This involves maturing the Secure Development Lifecycle, training developers in secure practices, working with our automation team to scale security, and innovating new ways to help developers secure themselves.
Twilio is looking for exceptional security engineers who lives the Twilio Magic and meet the following requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in Application Security.
- Experience with telecom protocols and how to secure them.
- Experience performing threat models.
- Experience performing code reviews and penetration tests.
- Experience with automation.
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good security practices with the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
Bonus Points for:
- Docker & Kubernetes knowledge.
- Presenting at conferences or working on open source projects.
- Experience with developing security tools.
- Experience working with Bug Bounty Programs.
As a Product Security Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Work with security champions across engineering teams, perform reviews (threat models/code reviews/pentests) against Twilio’s products, and build tooling to help engineering teams deliver secure products.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Triaging submissions from our bug bounty program and ensuring they are fixed in a timely manner.
- DRAW THE OWL: Review and secure telecom infra being built by Twilio, and spread the knowledge.
- BE BOLD: Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Twilio’s products and services.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline and technical leadership. And that’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $109,824.00 to $151,008.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $96,096. To $144,144.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2985196