Senior Product Operations Manager United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Segment is growing rapidly and seeking a Product Operations Manager to be primarily responsible for managing Go To Market workstreams. The person in this role will coordinate on release management, migration strategy for existing products and driving internal alignment across key stakeholders. This role will also be responsible for the management of highly visible strategic internal programs to support effective product frameworks. This role is critical in supporting Twilio Segment’s growth efforts throughout the entire product development lifecycle and will involve working with teams across Segment and Twilio to ensure product and GTM readiness to deploy releases into production.
Twilio Segment is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of release management and program management. The Product Operations Manager will be a natural leader and facilitator who is driven, organized, detailed oriented and enjoys developing business processes to eliminate ambiguity. They will be adept at facilitating actions, resolving conflicts, be the program advocate ensuring success for all stakeholders involved, and lead through relationships and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Release Management acumen and cross-functional project management experience
- Strong validated experience with leadership, business insight, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skill
- Proven ability to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization without having positional authority
- Ability to influence and communicate at the Executive level of an organization
- 3+ years working experience in program or project management, product operations, consulting, or operations role that worked closely with product, GTM and engineering teams
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for program success
- Proven experience in working in a complex, matrixed environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Solid experience in a high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills. Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Ability to work across cross functional groups and ensure ability to influence and execute across groups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize
- Data-driven approach to converting KPIs into metrics for the solutions you maintain, and the desire to measure, report and iterate as needed. Prior experience with analytics tools is a plus.
- Own the go-to-market success of releases, ensuring accountability, execution of timelines, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, quality results
- Create and/or maintain release plans, risks, and track status
- Ensure cross-functional teams are ready with the resources, information and processes required to support new products
- Collaborate with the Product team and mother internal groups such as Customer Success, Technical Program Management, Sales Engineering, Design, Docs, Finance, Legal and Product Marketing to ensure clear lines of communication are maintained and release delivery is smooth and effective.
- Compile project charters and develop detailed project plans to include scope information, schedules/milestones and clear success criteria based on inputs from Product and Product Marketing
- Solve complex problems and turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
Program & Process Management
- Enhance and maintain procedures for the Product Development Lifecycle framework
- Conduct regular retrospectives and process reviews to identify improvement opportunities
- Plan, coordinate, and drive discipline around the processes for launching and rollout of new products and features
- Define, coordinate, refine, and enforce the release process and related tasks
- Develop, manage, and continuously improve processes for scale that help the product team meet its goals more efficiently and effectively
The Product Operations team is central to Twilio Segment's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and all cross-functional teams to create alignment, transparency and continuity. We do this by successfully managing projects, building scalable processes and building partnerships in support of the Product organization.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Include for all Remote-US roles
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: Developing Minimum - Premium Mid
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: Developing Minimum - Premium Mid
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3461593