Senior Product Marketing ManagerRemoteCommunity, Outreach & International – Community, Outreach & International Worldwide
Kickstarter is seeking an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our team.
About the Team
Kickstarter is looking for a customer-driven marketer to champion our product to our community through marketing and education. You will be a skilled strategist, using data, research and insights to create product positioning, go-to-marketing strategies and marketing campaigns that educate and inspire our users. While this role will sit within the Creator & Backer Success team, it will partner across the organization, working with Product, Brand, Community and Insights to build high-impact campaigns. You will have the opportunity to build this function at Kickstarter from the ground up.
The Creator & Backer Success team focuses our efforts on driving shared success with our community. From their first interaction with Kickstarter to their decision to launch or back a project, we provide a helpful touchpoint. We advise, engage, educate and connect the community to bring creative projects to life through Kickstarter.
In this role, you will:
- Own the strategy and execution of Kickstarter’s product marketing efforts including product positioning, campaign execution, and internal and external education aimed at driving awareness and product engagement.
- Work collaboratively to plan the launches of new product releases and feature updates, then own the cross-functional implementation of the launch strategy.
- Leverage user research to develop a deep understanding of the communities that Kickstarter serves, and ensure that we are effectively communicating value to these new and existing users through the more impactful and relevant marketing channels.
- Collaborate closely with product management to develop key success metrics, positioning and messaging that resonates with Kickstarter creators and backers.
- Work with category experts to develop and execute large scale education campaigns aimed at improving retention and optimize our project pipeline.
- Develop and track measurable Product Marketing objectives that support larger company priorities.
- Build internal workflows that support effective collaboration.
- You have proven product marketing experience with positioning, go-to-market strategies and adoption rates to prove it.
- You’re an out of the box thinker who is able to build relationships between our customers and the brand through campaigns that impact retention.
- You have experience in both developing strategy and executing against multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- You have the ability to distill complex or technical information and make it relatable and helpful for Kickstarter’s users.
- You have strong project management skills and the ability to drive alignment across cross-functional stakeholders.
- You are a clear and strong written and verbal communicator with a track record for successful launches and/or campaigns and can share this work.
What You'll Enjoy:
- Fridays off! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with a 4-day/32-hour workweek pilot so that we can all enjoy long weekends
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
You can read more about our benefits and working at Kickstarter at our Jobs page: https://jobs.kickstarter.com/
Our Fully Virtual Team
We’re currently able to support employees based in the following US locations: CA, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA. We're also able to support employees in the United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia). If you live in—or are willing to move to—any of these locations, we look forward to your application! If there is a required or preferred location for an open role, it will be listed in the job description.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.