Senior Product Marketing Manager Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We're looking to add a new node to the Elastic Product cluster as part of the Product Marketing team. At our company, we have aligned Product Marketing with the Product Management team. To be successful in this role, you will need to be comfortable with both technical and creative aspects of positioning technology, and have an insight into how engineers think and evaluate software. You will work closely with our marketing team to craft and review content to tell the story of our stack in a compelling, authentic, and engaging way.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Craft outbound messaging and content for Elastic’s open source and commercial products
- Deliver product enablement materials such as demos and videos for Elastic field teams (sales, sales engineers, consulting, etc)
- Design, deliver, and train the field on our products and solutions
- Maintain a subset of competitive analysis for Elastic products
- Attend trade shows and other events to help showcase our products (so, some travel)
What You Bring Along:
- Curiosity about the “how” of technology to tell compelling stories about the “why”
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience (mandatory)
- Proven ability to craft engaging content, including blog posts, decks, videos, etc.
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed team
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Direct experience with technologies used in IT operations (Log Analytics, Security Analytics, APM, etc) and audiences that use those products
- Open source software and/or commercial open source companies experience
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: Seattle, WA; London, UK; Austin, TX; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Portland, OR; Copenhagen, Denmark; Boston, MA; Munich, Germany; Tel Aviv, Israel
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1029420