Senior Product Manager Remote US, Remote Canada, Remote San Francisco Bay Area, Remote Toronto/Vancouver Area
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Mozilla’s Privacy and Security product team is a vanguard protecting people on the internet. We embody the Mozilla manifesto principle: individuals’ security & privacy are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
One year after the launch of our flagship product, the Mozilla VPN, the Privacy and Security product team is hard at work developing new features and products to add to our portfolio. Since our products can be used by anyone with internet access, every member of our team has the ability to provide valuable tools to protect users’ data and contribute to a safer internet.
Our culture promotes participation, innovative thinking, and is inclusive of people from all walks of life. We build comprehensive full-stack software like Mozilla VPN, Monitor, and Relay. We code web services and APIs, web front-ends, browser extensions like Multi-Account Containers, and client-side apps.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the development and launch of new products and features that help people protect themselves online
- Become an inspiring leader and subject authority in online privacy by researching user needs and industry trends, translating your findings into perspectives pertinent to product development
- Collaborate with engineering leads, user experience, and other cross-functional teams to define and deliver product roadmaps
- Define and write functional specifications, stories, release criteria, and success metrics
What You Bring
- Expertise as a product manager with a track record of driving early-stage growth
- Vast experience as a technologist with the ability to communicate at multiple depths about privacy, security, and/or internet technologies
- A curious and adaptable mind, capable of learning while leading
- A bias towards experimentation!
- 5+ years of experience in software product management with at least 3 years with B2C products
- Hands on experience crafting and delivering product strategies
- Track record of experimentation, A/B testing, and driving to effective go to market activities
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/3128239