Senior Product Manager Worldwide
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
- Drive the product in the right direction
- Build an effective roadmap to prioritize important features properly
- Take high-level feature proposals and customer problems and break them into small iterations that engineering can work on
- Balance new features, improvements, and bugfixes to ensure a high velocity and a stable product
- Consider the business impact, ROI, and other implications when taking important decisions
- Take an active role in defining the future
- Contribute to the product vision, together with the Head of Product and VP of Product
- Create and maintain a vision for your product area
- Create and maintain the vision for each product category
- Innovate within your product area by proposing ambitious features
- Follow innovation in your product area
- Communicate and evangelize your product vision internally and among the wider community
- Manage the product lifecycle end-to-end
- Follow feature development end-to-end; provide guidance and feedback to engineers and designers; ensure everyone is aligned
- Be the voice of the customer and the subject-matter expert for your group
- Contribute to documentation, blog posts, demos, and marketing materials for product features
- Collaborate with other Product Managers, UX, and engineers in cross-area features to build a single application
- Manage the uncertainty in an efficient way, adjusting plans to new working conditions
- Engage with stakeholders in two-way communication
You are not (solely) responsible for:
- A team of engineers: you will take the lead in decisions about the product, but not manage the people implementing it
- Capacity planning: you will define priorities, but the Engineering Manager evaluates the amount of work possible
- Shipping in time: you will work in a group, but the group is responsible for shipping in time, not you
- Experience in Product Management
- Understanding of Git and Git workflows
- Knowledge of the DevOps tool market
- Strong technically: you understand how software is built, packaged, deployed and operated
- Passion for design and usability
- Highly independent and pragmatic
- Excellent proficiency in English
- You enjoy working all-remote
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Strong understanding of DevOps and cloud-native application architectures, deployment and operations
- Bonus points: significant experience building successful DevOps tools
- Bonus points: experience with GitLab
- Bonus points: experience in working with open source projects
Current Openings and Additional Requirements:
We're looking for a Product Manager that can help us work on the future of developer tools. Specifically, building out our lovable support for GitLab by driving strategy to help organizations prosper with workspace functionality that enables them to manage Gitlab for their organization.
- Understanding of permissions and separation of duties
- Knowledge of the Authentication and Authorization space, such as: SAML, LDAP, OAuth, IdAAS, SSO, SCIM
We're looking for a Product Manager that can help us work on the future of developer tools. Specifically, building out our lovable support for GitLab by driving strategy to help organizations prosper with Observability and Value Stream Analytics. This role takes advantage of the GitLab's end-to-end DevOps platform and help our users understand the efficiency of their DevOps processes and identify bottlenecks and waste as well as learn best practices from high performing teams.
- Strong understanding of DevOps and cloud-native application development
- Understanding of Analytics and Metrics
We're looking for a Product Manager to improve our disaster recovery, global performance, and backup and restore capabilities. GitLab is a business-critical application and keeping GitLab available even when things go wrong is critical to the success of our customers. Your goal is to build robust, scalable and easy to use solutions that help systems administrators stay within their business continuity targets (RTO and RPO) and to ensure that GitLab's users have a great user experience wherever they are located.
- Experience building business-critical applications, such as backup solutions, disaster recovery, highly-available systems.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate complex requirements into actionable iterations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Experience in agile best practices is a plus
We're looking for a product manager that can help us improve GitLab user experience and tie experiences together across a platform. Specifically, building out our lovable support for GitLab by driving strategy to build and rollout the GitLab Design System and cross-stage foundational experiences like documentation and navigation.
- Experience working on internal products consumed by other teams within a company.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, including working with executive stakeholders.
- Understanding of the UX design best practices. Bonus points if
- Experience working as a designer.
- Experience building design systems.
- Familiarity with SUS.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, selected candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with a Group Manager, Product
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with an Engineering Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a Deep Dive interview with a Senior or Principal Product Manager
- Finally, selected candidates will be invited to interview with a Director or Sr. Director, Product
- Candidates may be asked to meet with additional team members at the manager's discretion
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/5259284002