Senior Product Manager, Swiftype United States
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
With solutions like Site Search, App Search and Enterprise Search, the Swiftype team at Elastic focuses on bringing the power of the Elastic Stack and open source projects to businesses and teams of all sizes, focusing on powerful search features in a packaged, turn-key experience that can be brought to market rapidly.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to focus on the Swiftype suite of Search Solutions within Elastic. The Swiftype product suite is focused primarily on search use cases — from consumer-facing Site Search (e.g. the search bar the helps you find products on an ecommerce website) to internal employee-facing Enterprise search (e.g. search over internal company data that helps you find what you need to get your job done.) In this role, you will be responsible for gathering meaningful market data trends, customer feedback, and application usage data points.
If you are passionate about search, and have an eye for taking complex technical problems and crafting elegant product experiences that mask away complexity, then this job is for you!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will work together with the Swiftype Product Management team, engineering, and other internal stakeholders to position and grow the Swiftype suite of products.
You will capture market data, customer feedback, customer usage data, and other key information to develop product insights and help drive the product roadmap.
In addition, you will:
- Develop detailed use-cases and product requirements, working closely with the engineering team through the design, development, and product deployment process
- Independently measure product KPIs, which will drive process improvements and future product features
- Understand and remedy customer needs by interacting directly with customers, reading and understanding support tickets, and listening for valuable feedback
- Support product marketing to craft customer focused messaging and content
What You Bring Along:
You have 3+ years in product management and have a deep understanding of SaaS and IaaS domains. In fact, your experience is with developer-focused SaaS products (mandatory).
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience in software development (mandatory)
- Ability to understand customer needs, build customer value and highlight competitive differentiation through packaging and pricing
- Experience crafting high quality sales and customer-facing content including presentations and web copy as well as guiding the product marketing team to create content
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience working with user tracking and web marketing tools (Mixpanel, VWO, Intercom, GA, Heatmaps)
- Experience with search, logging, and analytics products in the big data ecosystem (Elasticsearch, Solr, Hadoop, MongoDB, Spark etc)
- Experience working in a distributed organization
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: New York, NY; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; Detroit, MI; Atlanta, GA; Miami, FL; Denver, CO; Boulder, CO; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; Los Angeles, CA
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1227502