Senior Product Manager - Experience Engineering, Data Products United States
GitHub is looking for a Senior Product Manager to work with our Developer Experience team, supporting Software Security products. Together, we will create products that are integral to how people build software. We pride ourselves on being thoughtful, intentional and getting things done. Hopefully you do too.
GitHub Engineering and Product Management organizations are highly distributed, and you should embrace an environment of asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to build working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
We value collaboration, empathy, quality, positive impact and shipping. You will excel when the way you work reflects these values. We want you to enable every team member to do the best work of their lives and we'll partner to enable the same for you.
In this position, you will work closely with the Director of Product and the Engineering Managers for the Developer Experience team. You will also be part of a community dedicated to making a positive impact at work and at large.
- Lead the product vision developer experiences powered by data products . Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company strategy.
- Identify specific data sources that have potential to make valuable contributions to GitHub users and customers
- Be an authority on the domain, the market, the trends, and the history. Evangelize your vision so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers. Build intimate, personal customer relationships. Bring the customer's voice into the creation process.
- Represent the community. Be a steward of the open source community. Understand and work with these groups to facilitate extraordinary collaboration.
- Lead the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the company think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Lead stakeholders. Represent many points of view and be the liaison across teams throughout the organization. Be the voice of marketing, sales, finance, engineering, support and ops.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering and design teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is critical to the job.
- Measure success. Be responsible for the measures used to define success for your product. Success measures will be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- Develop new opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of the market, the customers and the engineering teams, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop new opportunities.
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, and then define and deliver products.
- Strong technical abilities, including experience with developer tool workflows.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices.
- Familiarity with desktop applications and release processes and requirements.
- Previous experience working with a software delivery team.
- Familiarity and/or deep interest in learning more about the following fields: software security, machine learning, programming language theory.
- Strong analytical capabilities. You excel at and enjoy building models and decomposing complex structures and data into useful primitives and analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy and understanding.
- Proficiency in one or more major programming languages.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1156479