Senior Product Manager - Enterprise Remote - US / Canada
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
The Enterprise product team is on a mission to ensure GitHub works for every company. We’re responsible for GitHub’s core enterprise products, and build features to ensure that companies can use GitHub safely, securely and easily. Our products include GitHub Enterprise Cloud and Server, alongside an exciting new enterprise offering launching soon. We work with partners across the company to ensure GitHub is collectively prioritising the most important features for our enterprise customers, while building the features enterprise administrators, auditors and security professionals need.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join the Enterprise team to help build GitHub Enterprise Server. Already the backbone of GitHub’s business, Enterprise Server is used by thousands of companies around the world every day. You’ll work with teams across the business to drive and deliver key features for these companies, and partner closely with Sales, Support and Marketing to represent the product to customers and drive it’s roadmap. In your few months, you’ll partner with the Customer Experience team to gather telemetry from customers and turn it into actionable insights; develop a go to market plan for a new offering with Business Development, Engineering and Marketing; and, you’ll build relationships with key customers and evangelize their needs across GitHub.
- Own the product vision for your area. You will be responsible for specific areas of the Actions compute platform, and will need to build the vision for them and ensure it aligns with our overall Runner strategy.
- Become an expert on the pre-production compute domain, the market, the trends, and the history. Evangelize your vision so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers in every conversation. You will build direct relationships with customers as well as immersing yourself in customer feedback. You will also build processes to ensure everyone on our team understands the needs of our customers.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the team think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains at GitHub. You will play a critical role creating alignment between the code scanning interface and CodeQL teams, as well as working with the wider GitHub organisation. We win or lose as a team.
- Data driven decision making. Analyze data for trends and potential customer pain points, and use this to prioritize and inform how to improve the product. Go back to the data when needed to answer questions.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your area. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- 2-5 years experience in product development.
- Experience delivering projects in matrixed organisational structures.
- Great communication skills with clear verbal and written communications.
- Experience working collaboratively and in partnership with engineering, design, marketing, legal, sales and support teams. You build consensus and relationships.
- Strong organizational skills, both at an individual and team level.
- Experience building security, data or compliance products.
- Familiarity with enterprise development practices and typical ways of working.
- Strong analytical capabilities - you can get to the bottom of complex quantitative and qualitative problems.
- Great at bringing clarity to situations with a high level of ambiguity
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2948827