Senior Product Manager, CI/CD Worldwide
This position is remote based.
We're looking for product managers that can help us work on the future of developer tools. Specifically, building out continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and beyond.
We believe developers deserve an intuitive, single application that covers the entire DevOps lifecycle. We believe running tests is just the beginning of automation. We believe deploying your code should be automated and repeatable, and most of all, easy. We believe in pushing the boundaries of best-practices, and bringing these to every developer, so that doing the right thing is also the easy, default way of working.
We know there are a million things we can and want to improve about GitLab CI/CD. It'll be your job to work out what we are going to do and how.
We work in quite a unique way at GitLab, where lots of flexibility and independence is mixed with a high paced, pragmatic way of working. And everything we do is in the open.
- Build an attractive roadmap together with the Head of Product, based on our vision
- Work out feature proposals from the community and customers
- Manage new features from conception to market
- Work together with UX, Frontend, and Backend engineers
- Ensure a smooth release of changes and features together with all stakeholders
- Empower the community by writing great documentation and highlighting the product in various ways in cooperation with marketing
- Find the weak spots of GitLab CI/CD and execute plans to improve them
- Work together with other stakeholders on scheduling and executing releases
- Experience in product management
- Strong understanding of Git and Git workflows
- Strong understanding of CI/CD
- Understanding of deployment infrastructure and container technologies
- Significant experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge of the developer tool space
- Strong technically. You understand how software is built, packaged and deployed.
- Passion for design and usability
- Highly independent and pragmatic
- You are living wherever you want
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Bonus points: experience with GitLab
- Bonus points: experience in working with open source projects
You are not (solely) responsible for:
- Shipping in time. As a PM you are part of a team that delivers a change, the team is responsible for shipping in time, not you.
- A team of engineers. PMs at GitLab do not manage people, they manage the product. You'll be required to take the lead in decisions about the product, but it's not your role to manage the people that build the product.
- Capacity and availability planning. You will work together with engineering managers on schedules and planning: you prioritize, the engineering managers determine how much can be scheduled.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Head of Product
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with the CI/CD Lead
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with our VP of Product
- Candidates may be asked to meet with additional team members at the manager's discretion
- Finally, candidates may interview with our CEO
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!