Senior Product Manager, BizOps Worldwide
This position is remote based.
We're looking for a product manager to invent the future of BizOps tools; specifically, taking our approach to Complete DevOps, and applying it to the world of business operations. We aim to help customers answer such questions as how can I acquire the highest customer lifetime value (LTV) at the lowest customer acquisition cost (CAC). Think about displacing tools such as Insightsquared, Gainsight, and Tableau using open-source and deeply-integrated tools.
This is a new area for GitLab and one of our big-bets for 2018. It'll be your job to work out what we are going to do and how. In some ways, we need a full-stack PM; someone that can write a little code, update a Helm chart, or whatever is necessary in a very small team acting like a startup-in-a-startup.
We work in quite a unique way at GitLab, where lots of flexibility and independence is mixed with a high paced, pragmatic way of working. And everything we do is in the open.
- Build an attractive roadmap together with the Head of Product, VP of Product, and CEO; based on our [vision](/direction/#vision).
- Manage new features from conception to market.
- Work out feature proposals from the community and customers.
- Work together with UX, Frontend, and Backend engineers.
- Ensure a smooth release of changes and features together with all stakeholders.
- Empower the community by writing great documentation and highlighting the product in various ways in cooperation with marketing.
- Support sales as a subject matter expert.
- Normally at GitLab, Product Managers wouldn't be responsible for project management, but in this role, you may need to manage the project, and even manage engineers during the initial forming months until the project matures.
- Strong Experience in product management.
- Experience as a software developer.
- Experience with general CI/CD and container experience.
- Strong understanding of business operations, business intelligence, data warehousing, etc.
- Passion for design and usability.
- Highly independent and pragmatic.
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values.
- Bonus points: experience in working with open source projects.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Head of Product
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with the Senior Director, Data & Analytics
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with our VP of Product
- Candidates may be asked to meet with additional team members at the manager's discretion
- Finally, candidates may interview with our CEO
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!