Senior Product Manager - SQL & Clients - Elasticsearch Distributed, Eastern AMER or Europe
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We're looking to add a new node to the Elastic Product cluster as part of the Elasticsearch Product Management team. In this role, you will want to make sure developers and users can access the data in Elasticsearch no matter what programming language or tool they prefer. This means you and your engineering team have to build best-in-class client libraries in a variety of programming languages as well as integrations with systems that use SQL. Together, we develop our own SQL interpretation layer as well as drivers for ODBC and JDBC for 3rd party integrations.
To be successful in this role, you need to be well versed in how developers work with data systems and RESTful APIs across various programming languages. You will work closely with our engineering teams to plan and prioritize client library and Elasticsearch SQL features and with product marketing, sales, and our users to evangelize them. The ultimate goal of your role is to make Elasticsearch more accessible and easier to use by the millions of software developers, data analysts, and business owners.
What You Will Do:
- Work with customers on understanding how they use programming languages to interact with Elasticsearch and bringing those insights back to engineering
- Work with our partnership, engineering, and legal teams to make our Elasticsearch SQL interpreter layer works with various 3rd party applications like BI tools
- Work alongside product marketing on demos showcasing our search features and with our sales, support, and consultants to ensure they understand the new features engineering is developing
- Track and improve KPIs around adoption and usage of Elasticsearch for business intelligence and business analytics use cases
What you bring along:
- You deeply understand how developers use data systems in their preferred programming languages.
- You have prior history working with SQL and partnering with 3rd party companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience (mandatory)
- If you'd bring open source software and/or commercial open source companies experience, that would be fantastic.
Who You Are:
- Curious, collaborative, and empathetic
- Comfortable working in a highly distributed team
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
We're looking to hire team members invested in realising the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1583701