Senior Product Designer Remote Canada
The Firefox UX team works on products and services that keep the Internet open and accessible for all. We, Mozilla, a corporation fully owned by a non-profit are focused on a mission to advance a healthy internet. We put people first in everything we do.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will collaborate with product managers, engineers, researchers and other designers. Together you will optimize product experiences that drive engagement, increase revenue, and improve retention. You will ensure those experiences integrate Firefox’s brand identity and that visual design improvements feed back into our visual design language.
You’ll advocate for a good user experience as part of a fully remote team that values experimentation, iteration, and a willingness to take risks! You will have excellent opportunities to grow as a product designer as the design problems we solve are complex and global.
In this role, you are also responsible for:
- Turning conceptual ideas into realistic product designs that address strategic and tactical goals, and help drive product discussions
- Delivering production-ready assets, specs and following the work through implementation, release, and post-release to measure success and learn with your cross-functional team
- Being an active UX design team member by proposing new ideas, sharing your work early and often, and giving constructive feedback to ensure a cohesive design language
- Running evaluative usability tests of design prototypes and using existing Firefox research and data to surface insights that help solve business and user problems
- Advocating for and incorporating best practices for inclusive design
We are seeking a team member who:
- Has a portfolio that demonstrates a firm grasp of visual design principles, the ability to solve user problems and experience creating design deliverables for product development
- Has experience in agile product development and UI design across desktop and mobile form factors
- Can manage competing priorities and act on decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Experience designing for BIPOC communities is a huge plus
A degree in design is not required. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above we still encourage you to apply!
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1869
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/4641856