Senior Product Designer (US Based) Remote /
2022 Team Impact
Since first launching its product in late 2013, CareMessage has partnered with 400 healthcare organizations in 43 states across the country, reaching 10M+ underserved patients.
In the past two years, from the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic to today, the CareMessage team has risen to the occasion to support a 10x growth in our messaging volume, as well as evolving customer needs- from supporting COVID testing and COVID vaccinations, to filling immediate needs for patients tied to food insecurity and housing.
As a part of the 2022 CareMessage team, you can play a key role in helping improve health outcomes at a national scale for the most vulnerable patient populations.
Who We're Looking For
We are looking to hire a US-based Senior Product Designer (PD) who will be responsible for designing innovative solutions that delight our customers and help them achieve their goals in our application. We are looking for a teammate with a curiosity and passion to understand our unique customers and ideate on solutions that meet their needs, has a breadth and depth of product design skills, is a creative problem solver, and an excellent communicator with a passion for delighting users who support the most vulnerable patients in the US. You'll work on a small, diverse team and report to the VP of Product. You'll work collaboratively within the Product team and across teams (e.g. Sales, Engineering, Customer Success) to ensure that we deliver solutions to our users' most pressing problems. As a Senior Product Designer in a product-led company, you will own the design lifecycle from beginning-to-end; talking with customers to understand their needs, facilitating powerful brainstorming sessions, presenting mockups, testing designs and working closely with engineering to execute, deliver and test the solution.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter, detail-oriented, agile and you ask the important questions to help you understand the true nature of the problem. You take a collaborative approach to your work and assume good intentions of others. You have a history of successfully designing solutions for B2B companies and are driven to understand ‘why' in order to effectively communicate improvements. You are comfortable interfacing directly with customers and technical team members. Above all, you are empathetic and listen to others, work to understand their needs and effectively communicate your own needs in an effort to move the team forward in a sustainable way.
Within 1 month you'll...
- Learn the product inside and out
- Build a basic understanding of our users' needs
- Understand the market landscape, key players, and how CareMessage differentiates
- Understand the tools we use to evaluate the user experience
- Understand basic design elements used throughout our app
Within 3 months you'll...
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our internal teams, customers, product, integrations and competitors
- Work closely with the PM to design solutions to meet the most urgent customer needs
- Identify and track key KPIs related to the user experience
- Collaborate with internal teams and directly with customers to experiment with solutions
- Use data to develop hypotheses to improve user experience and retention
Within 6 months you'll...
- Communicate a cohesive design strategy throughout our product and company branding
- Be the Design spokesperson for our team internally and externally to ensure we are communicating our design strategy effectively
- Own end-to-end product design strategy around a core product area and continuously experiment to improve the way we work together and the speed at which we deliver value to our customers
- Support our team in setting our product roadmap priorities and goals to optimize customer and business value
- Conduct regular analysis of our user experience and design strategy, track industry changes and share insights on new opportunities for growth
- Create process flow diagrams, wireframes, and visual design mockups
- Collaborate closely with other Designers, Marketing & Product Management to refine and build our design strategy
- Clearly communicate design decisions and written specs to team members
- Partner with engineers and product managers to provide value through designing the interactions, interface, and functionality of our products
- Ensure CareMessage brand is consistently carried out across digital projects
- Maintain and progress our Design System to make designing and executing faster and more consistent
- Create, lead and iterate on our product design strategy to help us determine what to create and when
- Collaborate effectively across teams to deliver consistent messaging on our solutions
- Regularly meet with customers to maintain an understanding of their needs and to test and evaluate product designs
- Help our team evaluate our product roadmap priorities and triage customer feedback
- Set, track and report on key KPIs related to the user experience
- A modern digital portfolio showcasing thoughtful visual design alignment across a product and company
- 5+ years of experience delivering in a product design role, at least 3 in a SaaS product
- Track record of successfully designing effective web-based products for a SaaS B2B company
- Proficiency in a modern vector based design tool Figma/Sketch/etc (We use Figma)
- Due to regulatory and compliance requirements ideal candidates must be based in the United States of America.
This role is currently set at a Senior role, equivalent to someone who has held multiple Product Design related roles in the past.
Our salary allocation for this role is $140,000.
Note: If you don’t fit this description perfectly (in particular, if you come from an under-represented group), but you would consider yourself a Senior Level Product Designer, please apply!
We believe in equal work for equal pay. All team members performing the same role at the same level are paid the same regardless of where they are in the world.
CareMessage is the largest patient engagement platform for underserved populations in the United States. We want to help create a world where all people regardless of income or background achieve equitable health outcomes. We power the care for more than 10 million underserved patients at over 400 safety net organizations nationwide who receive timely healthcare information, preventive care reminders, appointment reminders, local resources, and health coaching through interactive voice and text messaging.
Founded in 2012 at Stanford University, CareMessage has raised over $25 million from Google.org, William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation, Pershing Square Foundation, Y Combinator, Schmidt Futures, and others.
Flexible work hours as a fully remote team
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
401k retirement plan
Short & long-term disability insurance
Paid parental leave for biological and adopted children
9 wellness days to be used for anything that comes up in life or self-care
Paid time off and 1-month (20 working days) paid sabbatical after the 4-year anniversary
18 paid company holidays, including a ~5-day mid-year break and a ~5-day end-of-year break
Employee Assistance Program
Budget for professional and personal development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
We are committed to equal opportunity and actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, etc.