Senior Product Designer, Research & Analytics United States - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Who is Sonatype?
At Sonatype, we believe in the power of distributed organizations. So, when it comes to hiring, we don't limit ourselves by recruiting in specific locations. We are 300+ employees that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. Just like this role, our design team is fully remote. Our designers work as part of multi-disciplinary teams that balance the thinking required to understand complex problems with the hard work and flexibility required to get high quality working software into the hands of our customers.
What do we do?
Sonatype is the leader in software supply chain automation technology with over 1,000 enterprise customers, and is trusted by more than 10 million software developers. Sonatype enables teams and developers to automatically integrate security at every stage of the modern development pipeline by combining in-depth component intelligence with real-time remediation guidance.
Who are you?
- You are a talented and experienced design and research leader with exceptional problem-solving abilities, clear communication skills, and solid instincts who can translate business and technology needs into the dashboards and data points your team needs to deliver delightful, clean customer-focused solutions. You are a self-starter who brings original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on. You are responsive, flexible, and thrive in collaborative work environments. You are passionate about the holistic product view, and are an omnipresent voice for the customer.
What do you bring?
- Deep experience in core areas of quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing, and analysis.
- Ability to translate and weave together primary data (qualitative or quantitative), secondary research, and syndicated, sell-through data to tell a story to stakeholders of all levels.
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts to clients and colleagues using the methods & tools that best illustrate them
- Strong collaboration skills to work with cross-functional delivery teams on projects
- Experience measuring and benchmarking the value of UX
Requirements to apply
- A portfolio of work that shows us how you use data to help your team solve problems.
- 5+ years of experience experience in the field of design, research and or UX behavioral metrics and analysis
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.8
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.