Senior Product Designer - Freehand Worldwide
InVision made its name helping design teams create the world’s best digital products. We broadened our impact as a thought leader guiding organizations toward design maturity. We explored new territory by bringing those two streams together and pioneering visual collaboration. Now we’re taking what we've learned and built, and expanding our reach to designers and non-designers alike.
InVision is the visual collaboration platform powering the world’s best companies. The heart of InVision is Freehand, our online digital whiteboard. We built Freehand to transform the way people work together. Transformation is a bold term, but we stand by it. So do our users from Amazon, Anthem, and American Express. And that’s just the A’s. We are trusted by 100% of the Fortune 100 because we understand that collaboration is about more than just seeing each other - it’s about fueling each other. More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking to transform the way they work together. InVision’s platform, education, and community enable businesses to work across distances and disciplines to unlock the expertise of every team member and deliver powerful business results.
What sets Freehand apart is not a thousand specialized bells and whistles for power-users. What is special about Freehand is the way it puts people at ease, encourages their creativity, and elevates their individual voice so that every member of a team can contribute meaningfully. Freehand is designed to be intuitive, inclusive, versatile, and enterprise ready. It is refreshingly simple, but surprisingly robust.
We’re on a mission to transform the way people work together by helping them collaborate better. On anything. From anywhere.
We are shaping the future of work.
Come join us.
Our team is in search of a Senior Product Designer to help us challenge the status quo.
About the team:
Today, teams need to put in a lot of effort to get alignment, feedback, or buy-in. They spend a ton of time making polished presentations or meticulously crafting documents. But what if they didn’t need to?
Our squad is helping teams easily share their ideas to get the actionable outcomes they need.
In partnership with your Product and Engineering peers, you will create a world where individuals and teams spend less time in back-to-back zoom meetings and more time actually working on the things that matter.
What you’ll do:
- Take complex problems and distill them into solutions that are simple and easy to understand
- Be a systems thinker, approaching each problem by considering how the elements in the experience interact with one another across multiple workflows
- Oversee the user experience of products from discovery through launch as well as additional ongoing iterations
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and desirable customer experiences that are impactful for our business
- Work closely with designers, product managers, engineering, and leadership in a highly collaborative environment to facilitate, lead, challenge, and build consensus on solutions
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Learn from a diverse international team and provide mentorship to other designers to fuel professional growth
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in design of digital products that have been released to market, with a proven track record of success
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) digital products within a cross-functional team environment with an iterative approach that leverages quantitative and qualitative measurement
- Demonstrated ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act–with speed and precision–to identify and deliver the tactical pieces that realize it
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches and methodologies
- Proactive initiative that identifies problems and acts on opportunities to improve the product offering
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines that drive change
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects concurrently
Please note: Candidates must share an online or PDF portfolio to be considered for this role. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/3533173