Senior Product Designer - Data Worldwide
Hi, I'm Madeline, the Design Manager at Customer.io 👋
Do you care about giving more people access to technical concepts that help them do better work? Do you care about making out-of-reach functionality more approachable to people with less technical backgrounds? We need your help. I'm looking for a Senior Product Designer who can redefine our data management experience to empower marketers to handle their own customer data.
At Customer.io, our design team is working hard to build a product that nudges companies toward more empathetic automated communication with their customers. You'll join a team of 5 other designers in a remote and distributed company of ~125 team members across 17 countries.
As a Senior Product Designer, you'll:
- Work on a squad (with a PM and Engineers) focused on data management approachability.
- Develop an understanding and compassion for customers through research.
- Create design proposals for new features and collaborate with engineers on prototypes.
- Participate in the product team's prioritization of work, advocating for influential design improvements.
- Help shape the design team's culture and design processes, including sharing thoughtful 1:1 feedback with peers.
What we're looking for:
- You are located in the Americas (North, Central, or South).
- You have designed experiences for customer data management, like a CRM or CDP.
- You have influenced others to value the impact of design on overall business success.
- You have a growth mindset and a willingness to improve by learning from mistakes.
- You thrive with autonomy and ownership.
- You know how to communicate asynchronously, especially across time zones.
- You add to our team culture - you bring a different education, background, previous career, location, or personality etc.
If you don't meet all of these criteria, please apply anyway. We are looking for the right person, not the perfect person.
What's it like to work on our design team?
While your daily work will be as part of a cross-functional squad, the design team will be your home for support and growth. We meet 3x a week to give feedback on in-progress work and communicate daily about new things we learn, improvements to our design system, etc. Since we are still small and nimble, there is a lot of opportunity to add to our culture and processes.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 3,000+ internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
Benefits at Customer.io:
We are offering a starting salary of $125,000 - $160,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
- Unlimited PTO - we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by November 1 with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
30 minute video call with Natalie, our Technical Recruiter
45 minute video call with Madeline, the Design Manager
2 hour design exercise (choice of at home or sync) with 2 members of the design team
45 minute call with your future squad, Brendan and Pavan
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/customerio/jobs/3564204