Senior Product Counsel United States
See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Sr. Product Counsel
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is a key component of our growing US legal team. You will be responsible for partnering with our global product and engineering teams to guide development of our products and services to meet our strategic objectives while following applicable laws and regulations across various industries and markets. You will partner closely with product management, engineering, business development, marketing, compliance, operations and other legal teams as we work to ensure our products and services maintain compliance with applicable regulations in existing markets and also guide our teams as we expand our offerings to support new market verticals, including in heavily regulated markets such as healthcare and FinTech. You will provide legal advice and counsel on a variety of product compliance matters, and will also be involved in structuring, negotiating and advising on various transactions with business partners and customers in regulated markets.
In this role, you will:
- Become an expert in Twilio products.
- Serve as a “mini general counsel” for an important piece of the R&D team.
- Develop and maintain training materials and thought leadership on key issues impacting the product groups.
- Identify and advise on key product marketing initiatives.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- J.D. with strong academic credentials and demonstrated record of success as a lawyer and Member of local State Bar or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel
- 5+ years of legal experience, at least 2 of which should be in an in-house environment.
- Experience working in a complex, fast-paced technology company.
- Experience counseling product teams on compliance with regulatory frameworks applicable to the U.S. and global telecommunications.
- Experience counseling product teams on compliance with regulations in other industries and markets, such as FinTech and government, is also highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, effective communication skills, quick learner, and a strong sense of initiative.
- Experience negotiating contracts with customers and vendors in regulated industries.
- Experience conducting data protection impact assessments or privacy impact assessments and managing data breach situations and/or notifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
This role will be remote and based in the USA.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,080 - $200,100.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4269498