Senior Privacy Governance Manager United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is a rapidly growing technology company in the communications space with an expanding global footprint. At the same time that our business expands and grows, so does the importance of being a good data steward of the personal data we process. This is why we are looking for a Senior Privacy Governance Manager, reporting to our Director of Privacy Governance, to be a key contributor to our privacy governance program.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Privacy Governance Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has helped scale or mature a privacy governance program in a fast-growing publicly-traded technology company that serves a diverse customer base, which includes both heavily-regulated and lightly-regulated businesses, and individual developers and large multinational companies. You are the right person for the role if you believe in the importance of data privacy, but also understand the practical obstacles of implementing those principles in a complex technological ecosystem in a fast-moving environment, have experience working cross-functionally to overcome those obstacles, and enjoy the challenge of it all. You will be helping to support, scale and grow out our Privacy Governance function, reporting to the Director, Privacy Governance, with a strong concentration on Privacy M&A/Integration. They also have:
- 6+ Years of Professional Experience, with significant privacy focus during this time; a CIPP, CIPM and/or CIPT certification(s) is strongly preferred.
- Experience driving cross functional privacy initiatives such as GDPR, CCPA or other compliance frameworks
- Experience representing the Privacy Function within M&A due diligence and integration.
- Experience performing privacy due diligence and integration reviews as well as improving the related processes.
- Experience completing and advising on DPIA’s and PIA’s for a highly technical business.
- Work independently to partner with teams across different parts of the organization to conduct privacy impact assessments and guide the business in implementing good data privacy practices.
- Work collaboratively with business and technical teams to define and operationalize privacy governance requirements.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with regulatory authorities and auditors as necessary to support privacy compliance obligations or business needs.
- Advocate for the business value of the privacy governance program to internal stakeholders and constituencies
- Strong ability to dig into PII & data flows from a technical perspective. Experience working for a US based fast paced, fast growing, public tech SaaS company.
As Senior Privacy Governance Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & DRAW THE OWL: Help build, manage and improve upon our Privacy Governance program. And, find innovative ways to improve and mature privacy governance processes that ensure we maintain high privacy standards while supporting and enabling the business.
- WRITE IT DOWN. Define and implement governance program policies and procedures, iterating to improve those processes and procedures over time.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Understand your internal “customer” groups’ business needs and privacy governance requirements and work with teams across the organization to guide scalable solutions to operationalize these requirements. .
- BE BOLD: Serve as an internal privacy subject matter expert and advocate for data privacy best practices.
- NO SHENANIGANS:Advise the business in a professional, ethical way regarding privacy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. As our CEO Jeff Lawson has said, “Trust is the number one thing we sell in the cloud.” And, upholding high standards of data privacy is part of building and keeping the trust of our customers and employees. This is even more so as data privacy continues to grow as a high profile concern worldwide. That is why we’re looking for a self-directed team player who will help build out, scale, and maintain our privacy governance program to help Twilio meet and exceed our global data privacy obligations and commitments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we are dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in tackling hard problems and encourage creating your own solutions to problems. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $105,728 - $145,376
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2813391