Senior Privacy Engineer Firefox Remote France
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Team: Core Product-Firefox (Security and Privacy Engineering)
Locations: Toronto Office, Remote US East Coast, Remote Canada East Coast, Berlin Office, Remote Germany, Remote UK, Remote France
Are you passionate about Privacy Protections and the Open Web? Do you want to ship software to a large user base? Do you want your contributions to have a positive impact on the world? Do you want to advance current browser architecture to make the web a safer place for users?
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and restricted. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support the Security and Privacy Team to advance the Firefox Web Platform.
What You'll Get To Do
- Implement anti-tracking features into the Firefox web browser to prevent all forms of unhealthy user tracking.
- Implement web standards and architectural improvements into Gecko, the browser engine underlying Firefox.
- Build performant and maintainable code; take responsibility for their maintenance and improvement over time and back it up by writing automated tests
- Collaborate with users to troubleshoot and fix bugs
- Work with a geographically distributed team and mentor junior team members.
- Communicate openly within Mozilla, the Firefox user base and open source community.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related program; or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability to deliver and maintain complex software projects
- Excellent communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience with web architecture and the privacy and security model of the web.
- Experience collaborating remotely and asynchronously with an international team.
We value a variety of voices within our team and at Mozilla. You don't need to check every box on this list to apply.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1787
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/4683851