Senior Manager, Web Design United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We’re looking for a Senior Design Manager to join the Web team, which is a part of the Brand department in Twilio Marketing. In true Twilio fashion, you’ll manage a team of designers & technologists who produce everything from consumer-grade illustrations and experiences, to pull requests on NPM packages.
You’ll build and manage the web design team. You’ll be the champion of the careers and the craft of web design in Twilio Brand. You’ll manage the Product Designers who produce the at-scale design system that powers our front-end framework, from Sketch libraries to NPM packages. And you’ll manage the visual designers who create consumer-grade experiences and visual language that translates the core Twilio brand to the web.
You’ll build the team that sets the course for design and interaction on Twilio’s public-facing web properties, in partnership with Web Engineering and Web Product Management. You stay up to speed on modern visual language, and the technology that makes it possible.
You’ll partner with the Core Creative team in Brand to translate the core Twilio brand into our digital properties in a way that takes advantage of modern visual language and the unique interactivity the web offers.
We’re looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 4+ years management experience of web design teams of at least 5 people, in SaaS or platform companies where describing technical concepts visually is critical. You’ve hired and managed full-time employees, as well as hired and managed contract resources and built teams that make them successful
- 6+ years experience in web design, ideally with hands-on design experience in research, Visual, UX, and Product Design. You’ve built & contributed to interactive front-end experiences, design systems, and you thrive on exploring the best modern web technologies have to offer.
- 4+ years experience in roles where research was part of the process. You’ve spent significant time in your career understanding the influence and impact of research on customer-centric design
- You understand developers. At Twilio we believe a developer is anyone who solves problems with code. And that’s never more real than on Twilio’s web design team, where you’ll manage designers with developer chops. You have a working knowledge of the technology that brings your team’s design to life, and you know what you like and what you don’t like.
As the Senior Design Manager on the Web team you’ll live the Twilio Magic by:
- Empowering others and guiding your team to build reusable visual language and systems that give hundreds of people at Twilio publishing superpowers.
- Being bold as you lead the team to craft new ways to inspire users to think bigger about what’s possible with communications technology
- Believing that building a world-class digital brand starts with building a diverse team, and being inclusive every step of the way.
We believe that code is creative. Twilio occupies a pretty magical place at the intersection of human communication and building. We’ve built a web team of technologists who believe that the work they do can help inspire the next generation of creativity & innovation in our community.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2279824