Senior Manager, Video Worldwide
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The GitLab Brand Team is seeking a Senior Manager, Video with a passion for brand-driven storytelling and creative team leadership experience who will be responsible for leading and directing our creative video marketing efforts. As a brand ambassador, creative ideator, and multi-disciplinary creative lead they will help define video strategy, ideate and pitch new concepts, and oversee the execution of all short and long-form branded video and motion graphic content that will amplify key messaging to drive brand awareness and elevate the GitLab brand. In addition to leading the Digital Production team and working with agency partners the Senior Manager, Video will partner with teams across the Marketing department, including Brand Design, Brand Strategy, Corporate Events, Product Marketing, Corporate Communications, and others to define video best practices and a thoughtful video content strategy that can unfold across multiple channels and touchpoints.
What you'll do in this role
- Creative direct, and manage Digital Video Production Team
- Help develop video strategy for brand and marketing initiatives
- Manage the quarterly and bi-annual production deliverables and schedule
- Manage digital production budget, vendors, and schedules
- Plan and manage and/or oversee creative video projects including scripting, storyboarding, art direction, and motion graphics, to create world class brand experiences
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to assess and prioritize video production needs
- Manage audio and video production needs for GitLab events
- Report on production metrics
- Manage feedback from the creative team, business partners, campaign managers, and marketers
- Build and implement creative processes that improve the output and efficiency of creative video initiatives
- Manage and oversee the YouTube Brand channel
- Direct video shoots and manage production crew, as needed
We're looking for
- Relevant video creative experience in marketing and/or advertising, experience related to broadcast television and online media a plus.
- Proven ability to plan and manage video and audio production across a variety of deliverables and familiarity with workflows.
- An ability to act as a Creative Director and ideate, script, and develop innovative and effective branded content that tells stories, communicates benefits, and drives brand awareness.
- Ability to think across platforms/mediums and create tailored content across channels that help drive marketing objectives.
- Ability to translate quantitative data into clear, actionable creative direction and ideas
- Communicates clearly & effectively, advocates for ideas, and establishes credibility with peers & leaders
- Progressive experience leading and developing a high performance team
- Ability to sell concepts to senior stakeholders via comps, storyboards, and written narratives
- Utilizes sound critical thinking & problem-solving skills, and comes to the table with solutions
- Knowledge and experience with branded content, digital distribution platforms, social media, and associated marketing strategies
- Understanding of B2B brand advertising strategies especially in the digital and high-technology space.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
- Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role first. After completing a preliminary screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator. Be sure to use the same email address for both.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $104,100.00 - $189,700.00 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6350248002