Senior Manager, Solutions Engineering, Public Sector United States
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Manager of Solutions Engineering to be a key leader in our global sales organisation. This role will partner with the Regional Sales Directors in the Public Sector team in North America. You will help to set the strategy and direction for our technical engagement in the sales cycle. You will also take a hands-on approach to developing your team and helping them with new sales opportunities. This position is critical to ensuring the continued success of Twilio’s growth in the US Public Sector..
Significant travel expected once the COVID-19 pandemic has subsided.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Manager of Solutions Engineering who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of frontline customer-facing technical leadership. We seek someone with:
- Strong team leadership ability is required, with several years experience as a direct manager of teams in a customer-facing pre-sales technical role.
- Experience mentoring and coaching Solutions Engineers to have empathy for and influence with customer technical architects moving their EIS to the cloud
- Experience with strategic planning and setting strategies for Technical Sales teams and advising non-Technical Sales teams
- Hands on approach to problem solving. Always ready to handle customer escalations and work opportunities directly alongside your team.
- A strong understanding of the new business sales cycle, as well as experience in the technology areas relevant to Twilio’s market: contact center, IP-based telephony, messaging, real-time communications, scaling web and mobile applications.
- A world class communicator. Confident in influencing and engaging with a highly skilled and experienced audience including C-level executives.
- Cross-functional experience in post-sales technical consulting, software engineering, or product management a plus
- Experience in consumption-based developer platforms also a plus
As Senior Manager of Solutions Engineering, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Partner with sales leadership to set our strategy for finding, closing and supporting new opportunities and expanding the Twilio footprint in our existing customer base.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work across functions to ensure collaboration for shared goals
- DRAW THE OWL: Build and roll out programs that facilitate scaling
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Attract, develop, and motivate a team of high-performing Solutions Engineers, continually educating your team and seeking innovative solutions for improving your team
- WRITE IT DOWN: Technical strategy – determine what role Solutions Engineers should play in closing new business, and how to deploy the existing resources most effectively. Measure and communicate results – use data to communicate results and make decisions
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ensure that your team has the support that they need to be successful as well as providing direct coaching and guidance on a day to day basis
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Engage with Product, Support, Sales, Operations, Legal, Security, Engineering, and every single other department as necessary to make your customers successful on our platform
The Solutions Engineering team is critical to Twilio’s continued revenue growth and plays a crucial role in the success of sales at Twilio. Bringing new customers on board to our platform requires excellent technical understanding and communication and close partnership with the Sales team. Expanding the footprint of Twilio in our existing customer base requires building deep technical partnerships with our strategic customers. Twilio’s API driven approach to powering communications allows for nearly unlimited variety of use cases which leads to constant technical learning and exploration. Solutions Engineering is essential to drive our continued success in bringing on new customers with all sorts of use cases onto our platform.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $158,400 - $217,800
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $158,400 - $217,800
Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3370377